[comp.sys.cbm] Fastloads with C-Power

gail@alberta.UUCP (02/02/87)

I have seen some questions come up about what is the best
cartridge to get for compatibility with C-power compiler.

The BEST disk speed up in the world for the C64 and 1541(s)
is Flash! by Skyles Electric Works in Mountain View, CA.
Not only for C-power, but for anything.
It is the most expensive speed up to buy, and it is
the most involved in installing it, but after all,
aren't you worth it?

Forget about having to type things to initialize the
disk before and after compiles, and before and after
edit session saves, and so on.   In fact, just install
Flash! and forget it.  It's permanent (but switchable), it takes up no
slots, no memory, it takes away cassette routines in ROM so you
can't use the cassette (but who does?), it adds a permanent
DOS wedge (switchable), several edit commands like "C< [cls]"
which clears the screen from current cursor position down,
other keys will home the cursor to the bottom, the shift key
will FREEZE a listing while it is held down,  SHIFT [RUN/STOP]
will boot the first program on  the disk, other keys will
let you get out of that annoying quote mode where you type
cursors and get symbols instead of actually moving the cursor,
and on, and on....
and it just makes using the c64 a whole lot more tolerable.

So forget any cartridges that you have to fiddle and deal
with every time you turn on the machine, or worse yet, every
time you do a disk operation.  Wouldn't you like to have
all of that taken care of for you?

mark@unisec.UUCP (02/03/87)

In article <1057@cavell.alberta.UUCP>, gail@alberta.UUCP (Gail Miklos) writes:

> I have seen some questions come up about what is the best
> cartridge to get for compatibility with C-power compiler.
>
> The BEST disk speed up in the world for the C64 and 1541(s)
> is Flash! by Skyles Electric Works in Mountain View, CA.

I would just like to add my agreement to the above remark.  I programmed
with the C-Power / FLASH (dual 1541's) combination for the last year and a
half (prior to buying my Amiga) and can't imagine having stuck with it
that long had I not had the increased speed and flexibility that the
FLASH! offers.

Mark