Subject: C64 and Security Systems
Date: 16 Jan 87 16:31:56 GMT

I'm looking for information using a C64 for home security. I've seen
the home controllers for turning on lights ect... but i was wondering
if anyone has had any experience/info using a 64 for perimeter monitering.

I vagly remember an article from sometime ago about this subject, but
cannot find the magazine anymore. I have a spare 64 sitting idle and
thought this would be a good project to try.

1) Does any company still make/sell a controller for this type of use.
   If so what do they charge, and do you have their address.

2) Has anyone already done this and care to share their experience on
   the problems/triumphs along the way.

3) Does anyone know of software that would be best suited for this
   or might i have to write the code myself. Either way is fine, but
   if there might be some public domain or freeware already adapted
   for this is all the better.

4) Would it be cheaper to just by the controller and hardware from
   an electronics parts store like Radio Shack or others, seeing how
   $250.00 would get everything (almost) neccessary to do the job.

There are some nice A/D and D/A boards out there, but these seem to
range between $100.00 - $300.00 just for the main board, and don't seem
to keep the project in a small to reasonble price range. Vidio cameras
are nice but the only ones for the 64 that i've seen were by Cardco (C Ltd.)
and don't know yet if they still sell/make this.

If there are other simular or not so simular projects that anyone cares
to share all are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Mike Truax:
UUCP:		{decvax,siesmo,inhp4,}!masscomp!miket
Disclaimer:	there are no disclaimers needed!!!