[comp.sys.cbm] C64 causing television interference

pjberg@klipper.cs.vu.nl (Berg vanden PJ) (02/05/87)

I am having an annoying problem with my C64. It is causing
interference in television reception. Could someone give some clues
on how to solve it ?

Just to be complete:
Overhere we use the PAL-television standard and a 220V/60Hz power supply.

		Paul van den Berg.

grr@cbmvax.UUCP (02/06/87)

In article <669@klipper.cs.vu.nl> pjberg@klipper.cs.vu.nl (Berg vanden PJ) writes:
>I am having an annoying problem with my C64. It is causing
>interference in television reception. Could someone give some clues
>on how to solve it ?
>Overhere we use the PAL-television standard and a 220V/60Hz power supply.
>		Paul van den Berg.

The first step would be to make sure that you have a good antenna or cable
connection to your television.  Perferably, the antenna should be connected
to the TV with a coaxial cable.

You can also try a "noise-filter" that either the C64 or the TV plugs into.
If these do not solve your problem, then you must experiment...  Publications
for Amateur Radio often comtain useful information.