[comp.sys.cbm] RGBI -> monochrome schematic for 128

simon@ukma.ms.uky.csnet (George Simon) (03/09/87)

	About the RGBI to monochome converter: why the circuit?  Doesn't the
connector have a monochrome output built-in????  If I have missed something,
please explain...
		Simon Gales

*===> Simon Gales:  		usenet:  cbosgd!ukma!simon,
*--->                 		bitnet:  simon@UKMA.BITNET,
*---> voice: (606) 254 9387  ---------------------------------

ugbowen@sunybcs.UUCP (03/11/87)

In article <6040@ukmj.ukma.ms.uky.csnet> simon@ukmj.ms.uky.csnet writes:

>	About the RGBI to monochome converter: why the circuit?  Doesn't the
>connector have a monochrome output built-in????  If I have missed something,
>please explain...

I was wondering the same thing. I've got RGBI going to a monochrome monitor
without any circuit. I'm just using a $5 cable.

                                   Devon Bowen (KA2NRC)
                                   University of Buffalo

csnet:	 ugbowen@buffalo.CSNET
uucp:	 ..!{allegra,decvax,watmath,rocksanne}!sunybcs!ugbowen
BITNET:  ugbowen@sunybcs.BITNET
BBS:     (716) 672-8843 (On-line: Computer Access Center)
Voice:   (716) 836-7358
USnail:  67 Lisbon Ave; Buffalo, NY; 14214