[comp.sys.cbm] 1541 Disk Drive Problem

lhm@petsd.UUCP (Lee McClellan) (03/18/87)

A while ago, somebody (Ken) mentioned he had a peculiar problem
with his 1541 Disk drive with the lights going out and the drive
just spinning away. I have not seen anyone reply to his posting,
and since MY drive experiences the same problem, I was hoping if
some info was posted and I missed it, that it could be re-posted
or mailed to myself. If not, are we the only two with this problem?

|Lee "I Don't Want To Work,I Just Want To Bang On The Drum All Day" McClellan|

msitd22@ms3.UUCP (03/23/87)

In article <987@petsd.UUCP>, lhm@petsd.UUCP (Lee McClellan) writes:

> A while ago, somebody (Ken) mentioned he had a peculiar problem
> with his 1541 Disk drive with the lights going out and the drive
> just spinning away.

Mine does it occasionally, I fix it by reinitialyzing the drive.

[ open 15,8,15
print#15,"I"  ]

Sometimes it takes several tries to get this to work.

--
Jim Chappell  ...!seismo!vrdxhq!ms3!jrc
ISN Corp.	(703) 979-8900