[comp.sys.cbm] c64-kermit v1.0

lopes@sdics.UUCP (03/21/87)

Thank you everyone for the trememdous response to my
kermit problem. I'm still having trouble the
set screen-width 80-columns command comes back with
?command not found. My kermit version is 1.0. Do I
have a dinosaur version? Is that why my efforts are in
vain?

                   Thanks very much

                       alann

bmiller@burdvax.UUCP (03/29/87)

In article <322@sdics.ucsd.EDU> lopes@sdics.ucsd.EDU (alann lopes) writes:
>My kermit version is 1.0. Do I
>have a dinosaur version? Is that why my efforts are in
>vain?
 Actually, I know dinosaurs that are more recent than your version of
 Kermit.  I've never HEARD of anything as early as 1.0.  I have 1.7(52)
 [means it does  VT52 emulation] and I've had that  for at least 3 years.

 Also, with luck, this too will soon be obsolete when Ray Moody
 (aij@s.cc.purdue.edu) finsihes upgrading 1.7 to do VT100 emulation and
 other nice things.

--Herb Miller
ARPA: bmiller@burdvax.prc.unisys.com