[comp.sys.cbm] Wanted: Connector for C64 User Port

n2ic@druxm.UUCP (03/26/87)

Can anyone help me locate a source for connectors to plug into
the C64 User Port ?

The only lead I have come up with is Digi Key in Minnesota - They
are on back order there.

Thanks,
Steve

ihnp4!drutx!n2ic

kelem@aero2.UUCP (03/29/87)

In article <347@druxm.UUCP> n2ic@druxm.UUCP (LondonSM) writes:
>Can anyone help me locate a source for connectors to plug into
>the C64 User Port ?

The connectors required to connect to the Commodore 64 are:

Control Port (joyswitch, paddles)
    generic:	9-pin female D plug, solder pins
    Cinch	DE-9S

Cartridge Expansion Slot
    generic:	.062" thick printed circuit board, 22 pins per side, .1" centers

Audio/Video
    generic:	5-pin male DIN plug
    Radio Shack:274-003

Serial I/O
    generic:	6-pin male DIN plug
    Switchcraft #12BL6M

Cassette
    generic:	6-pin printed circuit board edge connector .062" thick,
		.156" centers
    GC?		A2D06PE08A1
    Cinch	50-12S-20 or 50-12S-30

User I/O
    generic:	12-pin printed circuit board edge connector .062" thick,
		.156" centers
    GC?		A2D12DS08A1
    Cinch	50-24S-20 or 50-24S-30
    TRW		50-24SN-10 251-12-50-171 8325

wizard@dse.UUCP (04/02/87)

In article <347@druxm.UUCP>, n2ic@druxm.UUCP (LondonSM) writes:
> Can anyone help me locate a source for connectors to plug into
> the commodre user port?
> The only lead I have come up with is Digi Key in Minnesota - They
> are on back order there.

Wicnchester Electric makes a connector which will fit the commodore user
port.  I am using it presently to interface to my commodore 64.  I don't
know real price/availabilty, I think the cost should be around $3.00 to $5.00
and is Winchester Electric PN 8bd12s.

You could contact your local rep to see if they can aquire this part for you
instead of waiting for a distributor to get it for you.

						wizard
						hp-lsd!dse!wizard