[comp.sys.cbm] C128 update

fred@cbmvax.UUCP (04/04/87)

I have had numerous requests for the C128 ROM release notes posted
some time ago.  While I had started mailing copies to individuals,
I have received enough requests that a re-post is probably in order.
So, following this message is the information, one mo' time.

And while I'm at it, let me say that the C128 update set consists
only of the three C128 ROMs and does not include the 1571 ROM.

Finally, if I had it my way (and I was fabulously rich) I would
send everyone a FREE update.  But alas, I seldom get my way (and
I am certainly not rich).  The best I can do is make the update,
tell you about it, and grumble about the cost of it along with the
rest of you.  If you must roast someone about paying for updates,
the best you can do is send letters not to me, a simple, pleasant sort
of engineering type, but to those much higher up the corporate ladder.
Fortunately I don't burn so good.
Fred Bowen			uucp:	{ihnp4|seismo|caip}!cbmvax!fred
				arpa:	cbmvax!fred@seismo.css.GOV
				tele:	215 431-9100

Commodore Electronics, Ltd.,  1200 Wilson Drive,  West Chester,  PA,  19380

hedley@cbmvax.UUCP (04/04/87)

In article <1626@cbmvax.cbmvax.cbm.UUCP> fred@cbmvax.cbm.UUCP (Fred Bowen) writes:
>Finally, if I had it my way (and I was fabulously rich) I would
>send everyone a FREE update.  But alas, I seldom get my way (and
>I am certainly not rich).  The best I can do is make the update,
>tell you about it, and grumble about the cost of it along with the
>rest of you.  If you must roast someone about paying for updates,
>the best you can do is send letters not to me, a simple, pleasant sort
>of engineering type, but to those much higher up the corporate ladder.
>Fortunately I don't burn so good.
>--
>Fred Bowen			uucp:	{ihnp4|seismo|caip}!cbmvax!fred
>				arpa:	cbmvax!fred@seismo.css.GOV
>				tele:	215 431-9100

Oh but he IS fabulously rich, and he receives $10.00 for every set of
update roms sold, so If I we you, I'd send him lots of nasty notes about
sticking it to the masses, because after all, you are paying for that
big house in the country and the horses...

Hedley

PS:	He sells Isuzu's too.

:-)