[comp.sys.cbm] C-128 CP/M to CBM

sparrow@pnet02.CTS.COM (Loren Lovhaug) (06/11/87)

There are a variety of ways downloading CP/M programs using the C-128 in
native mode.  The first and most hassle free is to get a terminal emulation
package which allows you to download directly to a 1571 or 1581 formatted
CP/M disk, while still in native mode.  The only program I know of which
allows this is: Bobsterm Pro.  Bobsterm is a very sophisticated package
which includes a 60K capture buffer, serveral transfer protocals, a full
text editor, macros and autologon sequences plus much more.

The other route is to download the CP/M program to a 1571 or 1581 formatted
disk and use a conversion utility such as the public domain program
"Crosslink" by Miklos Garamszeghy or the Big Blue Reader CP/M.
Both of these packages allow the transfer of data between CP/M and
MS-DOS disks to and from Commodore DOS disks.

Loren Lovhaug
Managing Editor, Twin Cities 128: The Commodore 128 Journal
Assistant Sysop on GEnie's Flagship Commodore

gryphon!pnet02!sparrow

Disclaimer: My views are my own...and usually that is good enough for me.

eric@spock.UUCP (06/12/87)

In article <685@gryphon.CTS.COM> sparrow@pnet02.CTS.COM (Loren Lovhaug) writes:
>There are a variety of ways downloading CP/M programs using the C-128 in
>native mode.  The first and most hassle free is to get a terminal emulation
>package which allows you to download directly to a 1571 or 1581 formatted
>CP/M disk, while still in native mode.  The only program I know of which
[ ..... ]

>Loren Lovhaug
>Managing Editor, Twin Cities 128: The Commodore 128 Journal
>Assistant Sysop on GEnie's Flagship Commodore
>
>gryphon!pnet02!sparrow
>
>Disclaimer: My views are my own...and usually that is good enough for me.

Perhaps I should have mentioned that I do not have a 1571 or 1581 - I am
still stuck with the lowly 1541. I do have Bobsterm, but have yet to
figure out how to get it to write data on the 1541 in CP/M format.
Another good idea, suggested by another netlander, was to get a CP/M
program on disk from a local user's group to read native mode format and
write it in CP/M format. I'll try that as soon as I find the local
user's group, which seems to be represented in my town solely by a
commodore/microwave oven dealer who is not often too helpful...

    ...decvax!yale!spock!eric