[comp.sys.cbm] Quantumlink info wanted

jrg@hpirs.UUCP (06/09/87)

Has anyone had any experience with Quantumlink?  Is is worth the money?
What kind of stuff is there?  All I know is it costs $9.95 a month for
basic service and $0.06 per minute for "plus" sections".  Downloading
and the message boards are considered "plus" sections.  What do you
get for the basic $9.95?

Any information will be appreciated.

Jeff Glasson

cc.rob@ut-ngp.UUCP (06/13/87)

In article <4620003@hpirs.HP.COM>, jrg@hpirs.HP.COM (Jeff Glasson) writes:
> Has anyone had any experience with Quantumlink?  Is is worth the money?
> What kind of stuff is there?  All I know is it costs $9.95 a month for
> basic service and $0.06 per minute for "plus" sections".  Downloading
> and the message boards are considered "plus" sections.  What do you
> get for the basic $9.95?

I asked this question myself about two months ago.  I received only a couple
of favorable opinions of qlink.  The others were thinking of cancelling
their subscription.  I went ahead and joined.  I should have received a
free month or two as an intro offer.  But NOOOoooo.  I still am waiting
to find out from the people at qlink just why I am not getting the special
offer that I am supposed to be.

I was told that there are some good downloads there.  Will somebody please
answer one question:  WHERE ARE THOSE GOOD DOWNLOADS????  I have gotten
some stuff that wouldn't be worth it if they paid ME to download it.

--
PHYSICS LIMITED AND CUTETH WATCHERS ANONYMOUS

Xavier Jones          fungi@sleepy.cc.utexas.edu
		      cc.rob@ut-ngp.UUCP

elg@killer.UUCP (Eric Green) (06/14/87)

in article <4620003@hpirs.HP.COM>, jrg@hpirs.HP.COM (Jeff Glasson) says:

> Has anyone had any experience with Quantumlink?  Is is worth the money?
> What kind of stuff is there?  All I know is it costs $9.95 a month for
> basic service and $0.06 per minute for "plus" sections".  Downloading
> and the message boards are considered "plus" sections.  What do you
> get for the basic $9.95?
Basically, you can consider Q-LINK to be a service that charges $3.60/hour.
Forget that advertising stuff about "basic" service", about all that allows
you to do is sit at the main menu without running up charges, and upload
software to Q. As for quality... well, adequate, but I'm thinking of changing
to something else, because there really isn't much programming-related stuff
on Q-LINK (besides the source code to Xmodem and Punter protocols, and a few
other small things like that).

--
Eric Green   elg%usl.CSNET     CS student, University of SW Louisiana
{cbosgd,ihnp4}!killer!elg      Apprentice Haquer, Bayou Telecommunications

wsd@whuts.UUCP (06/16/87)

 I have found Q-Link to be an excellent source for all Commodore programs
as well as Info from Commodore itself. Many CP/M programs can be found
in SIMTEL as well as Q-Link, but the Q-Link versions are sometimes
modified or include overlays to work better for C-128 CP/M. Sometimes it
is actually cheaper to dload from Q-Link than from SIMTEL!
 All in all, I wouldn't be without Q-Link.

		W.S. Dinsmore ihnp4!whuts!wsd