[comp.sys.cbm] C64 BASIC ROM Source/Disassembly Listing

corelib@husc4.UUCP (06/15/87)

Where can I get a good (i.e. commented/labeled) copy of the 64's BASIC
interpreter?  I am currently working on a set of enhancements for the
64 and this would be invaluable.  If there is a question of
copyrighted material the company I am doing this for would be pleased
to obtain developer status from Commodore.
Thank you in advance for this information; if this has been done many
times before please excuse the repetition.  I'll accept e-mail replies
if this is the case.
Mark Towfigh             "Did you take that?"   "Soitanny not!"
                         "Oh, a wise guy, huh?" "Aaa-aaa-aaaaa-o-o-o-o"
UUCP:     harvard!husc4!corelib

elg@killer.UUCP (Eric Green) (06/17/87)

in article <2317@husc6.UUCP>, corelib@husc4.HARVARD.EDU (core library) says:
> Where can I get a good (i.e. commented/labeled) copy of the 64's BASIC
> interpreter?

 Abacus Software sells a book that contains a reverse-engineered disassembly
of the ROM. Look for their ads in any computer mag, I don't know what the C-64
one is called (I have "128 Internals" sitting on my bookshelf, which is the
C-128 Kernal ROM).

  I've looked at the C-64 Abacus book before, it's not great, but it and about
5 other books all put together will get you revved up to "guru" pretty
quickly. Look for titles like "Mapping the 64" etc. for other interesting
books...

Funny, I have four different books about the insides of the C-128, and while
they have a fair amount of overlap, each one has information that the others
don't....
--
Eric Green   elg%usl.CSNET     BBS phone #: 318-984-3854  300/1200 baud
{cbosgd,ihnp4}!killer!elg      "This is the age of miracle and wonder,

bruce@ektools.UUCP (Bruce D. Nelson ) (06/18/87)

In article <2317@husc6.UUCP> corelib@husc4.UUCP (Mark Towfigh) writes:
>Where can I get a good (i.e. commented/labeled) copy of the 64's BASIC
>interpreter ...?

I am interested in the C64's operating system. Are there any books or
other documentation with a listing of the C64's OS? (There's probably a
few of them out there, but the bookstores seem to be stuck on PC and
Mac books these days :-) ).

Bruce D. Nelson, Sr. Appl. Analyst: Software Maint., Tech. Support Svcs.
EASTMAN KODAK COMPANY, 901 Elmgrove Rd., Rochester, NY 14650, (716)726-7890
UUCP:   {allegra, seismo}!rochester!kodak!ektools!bruce
ARPA:   kodak!ektools!bruce@rochester.ARPA