shanku@sq.UUCP (06/26/87)

Sender:Shanku Niyogi
Keywords:Commodore,Apple

In article <2345@husc6.UUCP> corelib@husc4.UUCP (Mark Towfigh) writes:

>Does anyone know of either:
>
>	1) An Apple II+/IIc/IIe utility which writes an Apple file
>onto a 5 1/4 inch disk in Commodore format
>	2) A Commodore 64 utility which reads an Apple disk in the
>1541.

There is a system called Spartan, published by Mimic Systems
in Vancouver, BC, which converts a Commodore 64 to an Apple II+.
With this system and the disk drive that comes with it, it
is possible to transfer files from one format to another. Spartan
was posted at a retail price of around $300, but I've
seen packages being sold at clearance prices of $99 or under
(All prices Canadian). I assume you'd want to transfer ASCII
files only, as tokenized BASIC files wouldn't be compatible anyway.