[comp.sys.cbm] Bard's Tale II

vince@hi.UUCP (03/24/87)

     Can any of you Bard Talers tell me how far down the starter dungeon
goes?  My characters are powerful, but I don't want to spend a lot
of time mapping it out.

                                       Phred the Archmage
                                      "Give me blood, men!"

ps - remember, this is for BT II!!

--
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Vincent J. Murphy                                 hi!vince@hc.dspo.gov

                       "Mr. Spock doesn't say,
                     'Let's blast their buns off.'"

dwl10@amdahl.UUCP (03/24/87)

In article <2397@hi.uucp> vince@hi.uucp (Vince Murphy [Alien]) writes:

>     Can any of you Bard Talers tell me how far down the starter dungeon
>goes?  My characters are powerful, but I don't want to spend a lot
>of time mapping it out.
>
>                                       Phred the Archmage
>                                      "Give me blood, men!"

The beginners dungeon (The Dark Domain) has 4 levels. If your
characters are Level 14 or above, you won't get much out of the
dungeon except some expirence in different kinds of traps, puzzles,
etc.

Actually, I found the 'Beginners' dungeon harder than the next two
after that (The Tombs and Fanskar's Castle).

Good luck.....

                       Pfred the Archmage
                               Dave Lowrey

"So it goes, so it goes, so it goes, so it goes. But where it's
 going, nobody knows"   [Nick Lowe]
                                ...!{ihnp4,cbosgd,hplabs}!amdahl!dwl10

[ The opinions expressed <may> be those of the author and not necessarily
  those of his most eminent employer. ]

czei@osu-cgrg.UUCP (Mike Czei...) (07/06/87)

I've been trying to solve the starter dungeon in Bard's Tale II, but
have been unable to return from level 3.   The problem is that the
portal into level 3 is in a two square room, so the only way out is
to use the phase door spell.  Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to
work correctly.   If anyone has solved this puzzle already, I'm
not above receiving a hint or two.  Thanks in advance.  (Just for
everyone's information, I purchased the game for the amazing sum
of $40, and it is worth every dollar so far.)(if I could only just
solve the starter dungeon)

--
Michael S. Czeiszperger                        "I'm the Doctor, wether
The Ohio State University			you like it or not."