[comp.sys.cbm] vt100 on C-64 wanted

playboy@altger.UUCP (07/26/87)

I am looking for a good vt100 Emulation on the C-64. Anybody knows
where i cann get it?                          tnx
C U Playboy

UUCP: !seismo!mcvax!unido!altger!playboy

corelib@husc4.HARVARD.EDU (core library) (08/12/87)

In article <9500001@altger.UUCP> playboy@altger.UUCP writes:
>I am looking for a good vt100 Emulation on the C-64. Anybody knows
>where i cann get it?                          tnx

Me too, please.  This would make my life 142.3% easier.

Mark Towfigh             "Did you take that?"   "Soitanny not!"
                         "Oh, a wise guy, huh?" "Aaa-aaa-aaaaa-o-o-o-o"
UUCP:     harvard!husc4!corelib

bs@pbhye.UUCP (Bruce Skelly) (08/12/87)

In article <9500001@altger.UUCP> playboy@altger.UUCP writes:
 >I am looking for a good vt100 Emulation on the C-64. Anybody knows
 >where i cann get it?                          tnx

 I've found the new KERMIT-64 V2.0 to work well in the VT100 emulation
 mode.  It is also capable of using the C-128's 80 column terminal
 driver.

 Bruce

sentinel@killer.UUCP (08/14/87)

In article <2668@husc6.UUCP>, corelib@husc4.HARVARD.EDU (core library) writes:
> In article <9500001@altger.UUCP> playboy@altger.UUCP writes:
> >I am looking for a good vt100 Emulation on the C-64. Anybody knows
> >where i cann get it?                          tnx
> >
> Me too, please.  This would make my life 142.3% easier.

> Mark Towfigh             "Did you take that?"   "Soitanny not!"
>                          "Oh, a wise guy, huh?" "Aaa-aaa-aaaaa-o-o-o-o"
> UUCP:     harvard!husc4!corelib

    The latest version of C-64 Kermit, version 2.0, contains a VT-100 emulator.
It is not a complete VT-100 emulation... the most glaring thing missing is
function key support.  Most of the common screen control functions work,
though, including some attributes (within the limitations of the screen) and
scrolling regions.  The VT-100 emulation in Kermit 2.0 works nicely with
Un*x programs such as vi.
    Like the earlier version of Kermit, this one supports an 80 column display
on the C-64 using hi-res graphics.  Unlike the previous version, this one
also supports the use of the C-128's 80 column RGB output (while still running
in C-64 mode).  Also, since the VT-100 and VT-52 have 24 lines and the 64 has
25, the 25th screen line is now a status line suitable for use with the BSD
sysline(1) command or other programs like it.
    Kermit 2.0 is available from Columbia, via the usual means of distribution
(whatever those are).  The guys that did the 2.0 enhancements are still working
on it as time permits, and as far as I know the next release will have support
for all of the VT-100 keys... I have no idea when that will actually be out,
though.

(Note:  I had nothing to do with the production of Kermit 2.0, except for
        giving some advice and using my C-128 as a test bed.  The authors
        know a lot more about this than I do, but asked me to post this
        because they are kind of busy right now.  If you want to write them,
        send mail to Ray Moody at aij@s.cc.purdue.edu, or Kent Sullivan at
        corvair@ec.ecn.purdue.edu)

--
Rob Tillotson				...ihnp4!killer!sentinel
3922-1 Newport Ave.				-or-