[comp.sys.cbm] Geos 128 working with Geos 64 applications

prindle@NADC.ARPA (08/28/87)

From: prindle@nadc.arpa (Frank Prindle)

Has anybody noticed that Geos 128 only "half" works with geoDex and geoMerge?
It appears that all the blank fields within geoDex are filled with random
garbage; geoMerge printouts have a 2 inch stripe of white paper down
the middle where text should be.  Both applications work fine under Geos 64
version 1.3.  Any clues?
Frank Prindle
Prindle@NADC.arpa

sentinel@killer.UUCP (08/30/87)

In article <3323@rutgers.rutgers.edu>, prindle@NADC.ARPA writes:

> Has anybody noticed that Geos 128 only "half" works with geoDex and geoMerge?
> It appears that all the blank fields within geoDex are filled with random
> garbage; geoMerge printouts have a 2 inch stripe of white paper down
> the middle where text should be.  Both applications work fine under Geos 64
> version 1.3.  Any clues?

    Well, the only thing I can think of is that perhaps those two programs call
the BASIC ROM for some reason.  I don't see why they would need to, but you
never know, considering that they were written long before GEOS 128 became
available.  That is the only thing I can think of, and the use of the 64 ROM is
the only *DOCUMENTED* incompatibility.

--
Rob Tillotson				...ihnp4!killer!sentinel
3922-1 Newport Ave.				-or-