[comp.sys.cbm] Undocumented but useful

rufsmith@uokmax.UUCP (Russell F Smith) (09/22/87)

In article <2977@voder.UUCP> kev@voder.UUCP (Kevin Hoskins) writes:
>     If you, or anyone else out there would share these undocumented features
>with the rest of us, I can assure you that we would be most grateful.
>
>     In fact undocumented features of the entire Commodore line and GEOS
>operating system and applications would make for very interesting reading
>and usefulness in using the software.

For instance, you can open a sequential file as:
   OPEN #,#,#,<filename>,s,A
and that will open it for Appending, something Commodore users
consistently scream about, not knowing that it exists.  This
will, of course, work with other filetypes, but it is most
useful (in my opinion) with SEQuential files.  The rest of
this message is filler (warning, warning).

 Random of Amber                "Of all my relations, I like sex
 rufsmith@uokmax.UUCP            the best and Eric the least."