[comp.sys.cbm] Multiplan

dwl10@amdahl.amdahl.com (Dave Lowrey) (09/21/87)

My local "TOYS <backwards>R US" store has the HesWare version of
"Microsoft Multiplan" for the C64 on sale for $21.00.

I am familliar with Multiplan for the PC.

I am looking for people who are familliar with HES's C64 implementation
of Multiplan.

Specifically:

 o How do you like the program.

 o If you don't like it, why?

 o Any known bugs? (I understand that HES has gone out of business, so
                    vendor support is non-existant for this product).

 o How does it stack up against other spreadsheets (considering it's
       $21.00 price tag (cheap!) ).

Thanks in advance.........

                  "Familiarity breeds attempt"

                          Dave Lowrey
                          Amdahl Corp.
                          Houston, Texas
                          (713)-850-8828
                         ...!{ihnp4,cbosgd,hplabs,oliveb}!amdahl!dwl10

[ The opinions expressed <may> be those of the author and not necessarily
  those of his most eminent employer. ]

devonst@burdvax.PRC.Unisys.COM (Tom Albrecht) (09/28/87)

In article <2604@ncrcae.Columbia.NCR.COM> ralph@ncrcae.UUCP (Ralph Hightower) writes:
>I use HES Multiplan and have no problems with it.  It is a pain to use if
>you have only one drive, because if you are doing any saves/loads, you have
>to keep inserting/removing your disk that your spreadsheet is on with the
>Multiplan library disk.  ...

If you have a single drive you can copy one of the Multiplan files onto a
disk with your spreadsheets.  This way you can avoid having to swap disks to
do other functions.

--
Tom Albrecht