[comp.sys.cbm] HELP!!

drain@mcnc.UUCP (Jerome Drain) (10/19/87)

Well I have a Commodore 1541 drive that is dead! The problem is the busy
light never goes out. Has anyone ever experienced this problem before?
Does anyone have suggestions? Does anyone know where to get a board
for the 1541 (hopefully cheap)?? Well any help that anyone can offer
will be gladly appreciated!

So Thanks in advance!

dg@wrs.UUCP (David Goodenough) (10/27/87)

In article <2597@alvin.mcnc.UUCP> drain@alvin.UUCP (Jerome Drain) writes:
>Well I have a Commodore 1541 drive that is dead! The problem is the busy
>light never goes out. Has anyone ever experienced this problem before?

Yes!

>Does anyone have suggestions? Does anyone know where to get a board
>for the 1541 (hopefully cheap)?? Well any help that anyone can offer
>will be gladly appreciated!

Sounds exactly like what happened to mine a month or two back - I took it in
for servicing and it turned out that one of the ROMs was bad. So you may
well have to take it in to the doctor (try replacing the two 6522's before -
if it's one of them than you'll be up again, but the symptoms exactly match
what happened to me)
--
		dg@wrs.UUCP - David Goodenough

				>--!wrs!dg