[comp.sys.cbm] missing characters on c-64

cs1541ce@geinah.unm.edu (11/08/87)

I'm having problems getting my c-64 to recognize the "tilde" and "pipe" characters
does any one out there have a solution for this. by the way i'm using higgy-term
with a mod. 1660 modem, but none of the
other term pgms i've tried seem to do better.

mike carter
cs1541ce@geinah.unm.edu
.
.

devonst@burdvax.PRC.Unisys.COM (Tom Albrecht) (11/09/87)

	There are many terminal programs that provide a mapping for all
ASCII characters.  The two I use most often are KERMIT and VIDTEX (from
CompuServe).

--
Tom Albrecht

rufsmith@uokmax.UUCP (Russell F Smith) (11/09/87)

In article <1784@charon.unm.edu> cs1541ce@geinah.unm.edu writes:
>I'm having problems getting my c-64 to recognize the "tilde" and "pipe" characters
>does any one out there have a solution for this. by the way i'm using higgy-term
>with a mod. 1660 modem, but none of the
>other term pgms i've tried seem to do better.
>
>mike carter
>cs1541ce@geinah.unm.edu

Otherwise known as the Term 80 or some such nonsense, the VT52 program
has tildes, backslashes, underscores, pipes, escapes, and other
miscellaneous nonsense.  However, it does NOT have any of the normal
terminal goodies, it merely has the terminal emulation with 80 column
mode.  I use it only for this horrendous thingy.

And no, I have no idea if either Term80 (or whatever it's called) is
in the public domain.  The version called VT52 is not, as far as I know.

       _____________             Random of Amber
      /   * THE   * \            rufsmith@uokmax.UUCP
     /M O N O L I T H\           "I seem to be commenting on everything!"
    /   * REVIEWS  *  \          -----------------------------------------
   /  *    *    *      \         |The opinions stated herein are those of|
  /      *   *       *  \        |someone else.  Hell, I sure don't claim|
 /_______________________\       |them.  Really, they're likely nobody's.|
 !_______________________!       -----------------------------------------

elg@killer.UUCP (11/16/87)

in article <1784@charon.unm.edu>, cs1541ce@geinah.unm.edu says:
> I'm having problems getting my c-64 to recognize the "tilde" and "pipe" characters
> does any one out there have a solution for this. by the way i'm using higgy-term
> with a mod. 1660 modem, but none of the
> other term pgms i've tried seem to do better.

Re: higgyterm: Get Kermit version 2.0. I'm sure the Dr. Evil people have
mailed you by now. If not, contact corvair@purdue.ee.edu (I believe -- I may
be wrong).

Re: 1660: Get A Real Modem! I don't know if Kermit will even WORK with a 1660.
Needless to say, 300 baud modems are now in the same class as Altairs and
Imsais and Sinclar ZX-81s...

--
     Eric Green   elg@usl.CSNET      Snail Mail P.O. Box 92191
     {cbosgd,ihnp4}!killer!elg       Lafayette, LA 70509

ahh@s.cc.purdue.edu (Brent L. Woods) (11/22/87)

In article <2104@killer.UUCP> elg@killer.UUCP (Eric Green) writes:

 >Re: higgyterm: Get Kermit version 2.0. I'm sure the Dr. Evil people have
 >mailed you by now. If not, contact corvair@purdue.ee.edu (I believe -- I may
 >be wrong).

     It pains me greatly to be the bearer of bad news, Mr. Green, but,
as you suspected, you are incorrect.  The correct address is

corvair@ec.ecn.purdue.edu (or ec.ecn.purdue.edu!corvair)

if you want to get Email to someone who communicates regularly with
the people who were involved with the (now defunct) Dr. Evil Laboratories.
The person you want to contact is Kent Sullivan (address above).
Also, in case he doesn't read this, I'll mention it to him (I see him
from time to time).

     Hope this helps...

--
Brent Woods, Co-Moderator, comp.{sources,binaries}.amiga,

USENET:   ...!s.cc.purdue.edu!ahh       ARPANET:  ahh@j.cc.purdue.edu
BITNET:   PODUM@PURCCVM                 PHONE:  (317) 743-8421
USNAIL:   320 Brown St., #406  /  West Lafayette, IN  47906