[comp.sys.cbm] Looking for a good term emulator for the C64

sklar@topaz.rutgers.edu (brett sklar) (12/01/87)

I am looking for a termianal Emulator for the Commodore 64!  But it
must emulate either a vt100 or vt52. Now I know there is a program
out there called the Communicator by Free Spirit Software, but they
sell it at list price.  Does anyone know a mail order company that
sells this program or another terminal emulator program that works?
Much ablide

cs162fbc@sdcc18.ucsd.EDU ({Darkavich}) (12/01/87)

There is a really good vt52 emulator that comes with the commodore
1670 modom.  It works really good with unix and rs1.

I hear that the new version of kermit will emulate a vt100.
I don't know yet as I am still waiting for mine in the mail.

Steve
cs162fbc@sdcc18.ucsd.edu

relkins@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Rob Elkins) (12/02/87)

In article <16755@topaz.rutgers.edu> sklar@topaz.rutgers.edu (brett sklar) writes:

>I am looking for a termianal Emulator for the Commodore 64!  But it
>must emulate either a vt100 or vt52. Now I know there is a program
>out there called the Communicator by Free Spirit Software, but they
>sell it at list price.  Does anyone know a mail order company that
>sells this program or another terminal emulator program that works?
>Much ablide

I will be posting within a day or two, public domain vt52 and vt100
emulation software for the c64 and c128.  I will post the programs
as uuencoded code within notes.

Rob Elkins

--
ARPA:   relkins@vax1.acs.udel.edu
BITNET: FFO04688 AT ACSVM

Live Long and Prosper!

hackeron@athena.mit.edu (Harris L Gilliam) (12/03/87)

In article <16755@topaz.rutgers.edu> sklar@topaz.rutgers.edu (brett sklar) writes:

>I am looking for a termianal Emulator for the Commodore 64!  But it
>must emulate either a vt100 or vt52. Now I know there is a program
>out there called the Communicator by Free Spirit Software, but they
>sell it at list price.  Does anyone know a mail order company that
>sells this program or another terminal emulator program that works?
>Much ablide

You might want to look at the KERMIT terminal emulator and others on QUANTUMLINK (a Commodore specific network). They have plenty of *PUBLIC DOMAIN* software for telecommunications!!