[comp.sys.cbm] Power-C features

mclek@dcatla.UUCP (Larry E. Kollar) (12/28/87)

Sometime back, I wrote:
<> While I got y'all's attention, why does Power-C 128 like to generate
<> "Syntax Errors" on what appears to be perfectly good code?

And Eric Green responded:
>Hmm? Methinks you're talking about "ced". I used the "check" feature of "ced"
>to check my syntax maybe three or four times, and each time it said that a
>bunch of things were syntax errors -- when they compiled right away when I
>tried compiling them (e.g. the CASM posted to the net eons ago).

And with red face, I munch down on crow pot pie.  That which "ced" rejects
as an error is not always rejected by the compiler itself.  I tried feeding
my code to the compiler instead of the "check" function, and no problem.

<<<infra-red lamp ON (low)>>>

Sheesh.  One would think that whoever's in charge of this package would have
used the same code in the compiler & ced to do syntax checking.  Where's the
QE department?

<<<infra-red lamp OFF>>>

Oh well.  Power-C and I are getting to know each other a little better now,
and will most likely become good friends.  Has anyone compiled (oops :-) a
list of bugs in Power-C that they'd like to post (or mail; I'll summarize)?
I know about the float-to-int conversion bug and fix; has anyone run across
anything else?  For example, is peek() buggy or just poorly documented?

	Larry Kollar	...!gatech!dcatla!mclek
	Tech writing is 20% inspiration and 80% plagiarism.