[comp.sys.cbm] SX-64 keyboard to CPU cable

marv@pbhyg.UUCP (Marv Gold) (12/29/87)

A friend of mine just purchased an SX through a mail order clearing house.  The
machine came without any cords or cables.  Now the power cord is no big deal, &
has been taken care of, but the modified DB25 cable used for connecting the SX's
keyboard to the main unit has connectors that are undersized and one of them
has a 90 degree bend to it.  We've pretty much tested the machine using the
cable from my SX, and sending it back could mean never finding another.  SO,
anyone out there (from Commodore or eslewhere) have any idea of how to obtain
the PROPER cable (I'vemanaged to get him up and running by taking the covers
off the ends of a regular DB25 and cutting away some of the metal (or was it
plastic?) from the plugs themselves.  This seems kinda Mickey Mouse.

Thanx in advance for any help.

In article <1091@pbhyg.UUCP> marv@pbhyg.UUCP (Marv Gold) writes:
>A friend of mine just purchased an SX through a mail order clearing house.  The
>machine came without any cords or cables.  Now the power cord is no big deal, &
>has been taken care of, but the modified DB25 cable used for connecting the SX
>keyboard to the main unit has connectors that are undersized and one of them
>has a 90 degree bend to it.  We've pretty much tested the machine using the
>cable from my SX, and sending it back could mean never finding another.  SO,
>anyone out there (from Commodore or eslewhere) have any idea of how to obtain
>the PROPER cable (I'vemanaged to get him up and running by taking the covers
>off the ends of a regular DB25 and cutting away some of the metal (or was it
>plastic?) from the plugs themselves.  This seems kinda Mickey Mouse.

The service parts list still has a replacment cable listed, although I don't
know if they have any in stock.  The price is probably pretty high in relation
to what you paid for a liquidated SX64, so I'd harrass the outfit that sold
you the machine first...

250634-01  CABLE KEYBOARD  SX64  $40.00

--
George Robbins - now working for,	uucp: {uunet|ihnp4|rutgers}!cbmvax!grr

cp218@sdcc15.UUCP (ousley) (12/30/87)

  Excuse me for prying, but I have been looking for an sx for
  quite some time now.  I would very much like to know about
  what your friend paid, since it looks like it was a fairly
  good price!  Thanks.

					     -Jonathon Chance
		       { I HAVE GIVEN YOU THE POWER }
  Do you understand?  I have given you the power of the Q!  Use it.
			  -BE SEEING YOU !!!

eric@cbmvax.UUCP (Eric Cotton) (01/06/88)

In article <1091@pbhyg.UUCP> marv@pbhyg.UUCP (Marv Gold) writes:
>A friend of mine just purchased an SX through a mail order clearing house.  The
>machine came without any cords or cables.  Now the power cord is no big deal, &
>has been taken care of, but the modified DB25 cable used for connecting the SX's
>keyboard to the main unit has connectors that are undersized and one of them
>has a 90 degree bend to it.  We've pretty much tested the machine using the
>cable from my SX, and sending it back could mean never finding another.  SO,
>anyone out there (from Commodore or eslewhere) have any idea of how to obtain
>the PROPER cable (I'vemanaged to get him up and running by taking the covers
>off the ends of a regular DB25 and cutting away some of the metal (or was it
>plastic?) from the plugs themselves.  This seems kinda Mickey Mouse.
>
>Thanx in advance for any help.

Replacement SX-64 Keyboard Cables can be ordered directly from Commodore.
Send 40 $US + 3 $US (shipping and handling) = 43 $US to:

	Commodore
	1200 Wilson Drive
	West Chester, PA
		    19380

	Attn: Department C	<---- very important!

Request an SX-64 Keyboard Cable, Part Number 250634-01.
Please allow 6 or more weeks for delivery if paying by check.
Please allow 3 - 4 weeks if paying by money order.
--
	Eric Cotton
	Commodore-Amiga

 *=====     UUCP: {rutgers|ihnp4|allegra}!cbmvax!eric                =====*