[comp.sys.cbm] UUENCODE-UUDECODE needed for C-64/C-128

eckhgb@atrium.UUCP (Gary B Eckhardt) (01/20/88)

[I don't know if this same message made it last time I posted, so here's
a re-post!]

Hello all!

   I'm looking for a UUENCODE/DECODE for the C-64 or C-128.  Anyone know
if they even EXIST?!  Thanks for any help!

BITNET:account under construction
DECNET:are you kidding?!  UTSA give NETMBX?!
USENET:eckhgb(at)atrium

<Waving magic wand over 128, mumbling "Act like a PC.....Act like a PC....">

bowen@sunybcs.uucp (Devon E Bowen) (01/25/88)

In article <158@atrium.UUCP> eckhgb@atrium.UUCP (Gary B Eckhardt) writes:

>Hello all!
>
>   I'm looking for a UUENCODE/DECODE for the C-64 or C-128.  Anyone know
>if they even EXIST?!  Thanks for any help!

I've written uuencode for the 64/128 in BASIC (ack!), but I haven't gotten
around to writing uudecode yet. Not that it would take that long. The uuencode
is only about 20 lines long and uudecode isn't much more difficult. Is
anyone else interested in these? I use uuencode to transfer binary graphic
images from my 64 to our VAXen. Works like a charm...

				    Devon Bowen (KA2NRC)
				    University of Buffalo

uucp:	   ..!{ames,boulder,decvax,rutgers}!sunybcs!bowen
Internet:  bowen@cs.Buffalo.EDU
BITNET:    bowen@sunybcs.BITNET

abp@j.cc.purdue.edu (Jeffrey J Wieland) (01/25/88)

In article <158@atrium.UUCP> eckhgb@atrium.UUCP (Gary B Eckhardt) writes:
>   I'm looking for a UUENCODE/DECODE for the C-64 or C-128.  Anyone know
>if they even EXIST?!  Thanks for any help!

These exist for CP/M, so they should run on the 128 under CP/M 3.0.  You
may find them in the SIMTEL20 archives via anonymous ftp in the directory
pd1:<cpm.starter-kit>.  The files are:
	UUDECODE.BAS.1 /* uudecode in MBASIC; slow! */
	UUDECODE.COM.1 /* Turbo Pascal uudecode; much faster */
	UUDECODE.HEX.1 /* Hex file for above;
			  use if you can't transfer binaries */
	UUDECODE.PAS.1 /* Source for Turbo Pascal uudecode */
	UUENCODE.COM.1 /* Turbo Pascal uuencode */
	UUENCODE.HEX.1 /* Hex file for above */
	UUENCODE.PAS.1 /* Source for Turbo Pascal uuencode */

If you get the hex files, you can load them using LOAD.COM (which is probably
on your CP/M master disk).  Just type "LOAD UUENCODE", etc.

			Jeff Wieland
			abp@j.cc.purdue.edu