[comp.sys.cbm] Game Recommendation Sought

wjb@rayssd.ray.com (Bill Brogan) (02/01/88)

     I am looking for a couple of new games for my C-64.  So, if you have
a minute, mail me a list of your favorite games.  A short review would be
nice, but not necessary since I think the better games will get several
recommendations.

     I already have: Gunship, Raid on Bungling Bay, Beach Head, Gemstone
Warrior, Racing Destruction Set, Sargon II, Rambo, Silent Service, Field
of Fire, TAC, and Jet Combat Simulator.

--
 ________________________------_________________________------_________________
(Bill Brogan--wjb@rayssd.RAY.COM){gatech,ihnp4,linus,mirror,uiucdcs}!rayssd!wjb

jon@csd4.milw.wisc.edu (Jon George Seidl) (02/02/88)

In article <1794@rayssd.ray.com> wjb@rayssd.ray.com (Bill Brogan) writes:

>     I am looking for a couple of new games for my C-64.  So, if you have
>a minute, mail me a list of your favorite games.  A short review would be
>nice, but not necessary since I think the better games will get several
>recommendations.

I still think that ARCHON is a necessary addition to any C-64 game
collection. After playing this game for awhile, the computer is
rather easy to beat. But head-to-head competition with another
player who is as good as you is great!

						Jon
---------------

    \_/ \/\/ - /\/\ilwaukee      "Sure it's a gigantic, hideous insect.
				     but it may be a gigantic, hideous insect
 Internet: jon@csd4.milw.wisc.edu	            in need of help."
   bitnet: jon%csd4.milw.wisc.edu@wiscmac3.bitnet
     Uucp: uwvax!uwmcsd1!uwmcsd4!jon

TRM@PSUVMA.BITNET (Tony Robert Marasco) (02/04/88)

In article <1794@rayssd.ray.com>, wjb@rayssd.ray.com (Bill Brogan) says:

>     I am looking for a couple of new games for my C-64.  So, if you have
>a minute, mail me a list of your favorite games.  A short review would be
>nice, but not necessary since I think the better games will get several
>recommendations.
>
>     I already have: Gunship, Raid on Bungling Bay, Beach Head, Gemstone
>Warrior, Racing Destruction Set, Sargon II, Rambo, Silent Service, Field
>of Fire, TAC, and Jet Combat Simulator.

  If you like adventure games, the Bard's Tale Series are the ones for you.
Also, here's a few more you might want to look into:
      Mikie, Test Drive, World Tour Golf, Air Rally.
-------
| BITNET:  trm%psuvma.BITNET@psuvax1.UUCP :  "Structure without meaning is    |
| UUCP:    %s!psuvax1!psuvma.BITNET!trm   :   pointless."                     |

rp0q+@andrew.cmu.edu (Roger Preisendefer, III) (02/05/88)

A warning about Bards Tale (1 and 2):  it is one of those games for people
with "born to map" tattooed on their arms.  If you like adventure games but
would prefer less mapping, try Ultima (I ... IV).

eckhgb@atrium.UUCP (Gary B Eckhardt) (02/05/88)

In article <1794@rayssd.ray.com>, wjb@rayssd.ray.com (Bill Brogan) writes:

>      I am looking for a couple of new games for my C-64.  So, if you have
> a minute, mail me a list of your favorite games.  A short review would be
> nice, but not necessary since I think the better games will get several
> recommendations.

Bill:  I know that it's an ancient game as far as C-64 games go, but
this is my favorite game.  It's called BALL BLAZER.  It's basically
like a high-tech soccer game between two people.  Picture, if you will
two futuristic cars on a grid, grabbing the balls away from each other,
and two goals that move from side to side of the goalline.  This is a good
game in that it is about the best two player game I've seen! (It's got
an auto mode too, of course.)

Try it!  You'll like it!

|                    Gary B. Eckhardt -- San Antonio, Texas                   |
| BITNET : Account under construction   |     "Thanks to modern caffeine      |
| USENET : gatech!petro!atrium!eckhgb   |      sleep is now optional!"        |
| TEXNET : UTSA80::CS475301013          |                                     |