[comp.sys.cbm] Kermit/ini file

jon@csd4.milw.wisc.edu (Jon George Seidl) (02/02/88)

I have two copies of the Kermit program for the C-64. The newest
copy I have (2.0, I think) uses that kermit/ini file. What exactly
is IN this file? Listing it with a text editor is useless.

Can it be set made into a REAL kermit initialization file? One that
can dial out to a system (if your modem allow such a thing), enter
your login and password, etc.?

						Jon
---------------

    \_/ \/\/ - /\/\ilwaukee      "Sure it's a gigantic, hideous insect.
				     but it may be a gigantic, hideous insect
 Internet: jon@csd4.milw.wisc.edu	            in need of help."
   bitnet: jon%csd4.milw.wisc.edu@wiscmac3.bitnet
     Uucp: uwvax!uwmcsd1!uwmcsd4!jon

relkins@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Rob Elkins) (02/04/88)

In article <4432@uwmcsd1.UUCP> jon@csd4.milw.wisc.edu (Jon George Seidl) writes:
>I have two copies of the Kermit program for the C-64. The newest
>copy I have (2.0, I think) uses that kermit/ini file. What exactly
>is IN this file? Listing it with a text editor is useless.

No, its not in ascii.  Say show all and you can see the settings.  There
is a save init file command if you chgange anything

Good Luck

Rob
--
ARPA:   relkins@vax1.acs.udel.edu
BITNET: FFO04688 AT ACSVM

Live Long and Prosper!

eckhgb@atrium.UUCP (Gary B Eckhardt) (02/05/88)

In article <4432@uwmcsd1.UUCP>, jon@csd4.milw.wisc.edu (Jon George Seidl) writes:
> I have two copies of the Kermit program for the C-64. The newest
> copy I have (2.0, I think) uses that kermit/ini file. What exactly
> is IN this file? Listing it with a text editor is useless.
>
> Can it be set made into a REAL kermit initialization file? One that
> can dial out to a system (if your modem allow such a thing), enter
> your login and password, etc.?

Jon:
   The Kermit/ini file is the file that holds the default attributes
for Kermit that you want to be loaded in when you boot the program.

If you wanted your own defaults (like 80 col mode, 1200 baud, 7-2-E or
8-1-E, etc) you can set them after you boot the program and then
SAVE (Methinks it's the command) the defaults.  I found out by experience
that the program will NOT boot without that file!

While we're on the subject, does anyone know if the Kermit protocal on
that automatically converts from ASCII to C= Ascii??  I've gotten several
trashed text files from using it.  ANyone else had that problem?

|                    Gary B. Eckhardt -- San Antonio, Texas                   |
+---------------------------------------+-------------------------------------+
| BITNET : Account under construction   |     "Thanks to modern caffeine      |
| USENET : gatech!petro!atrium!eckhgb   |      sleep is now optional!"        |
| TEXNET : UTSA80::CS475301013          |                                     |
+---------------------------------------+-------------------------------------+

crgabb@sdrc.UUCP (Rob Gabbard) (02/08/88)

Speaking of Kermit 2.0, has anyone got it working with a 1670? When
I CONnect, I try typing in Hayes commands but I get no response. I
have the same problem with Kermit C64 from the Univ. Of Ill.

jon@csd4.milw.wisc.edu (Jon George Seidl) (02/11/88)

In article <204@sdrc.UUCP> crgabb@sdrc.UUCP (Rob Gabbard) writes:

>Speaking of Kermit 2.0, has anyone got it working with a 1670? When
>I CONnect, I try typing in Hayes commands but I get no response. I
>have the same problem with Kermit C64 from the Univ. Of Ill.

This is probably stupid, but did you use your modem escape sequence
first before issuing the commands? On my Hayes compat. modem I have
to type three +'s to get the modem to recognize the following as a
command (when connected). I would think most of them are like this.

							Jon