[comp.sys.cbm] 1526 and printshop

gandalf@spock.UUCP (Mark Halstead) (03/11/88)

Does anyone know how to get printshop to work with a 1526? if at all?
and does anyone know of any other programs of this type(doodle, koala, etc.)
that will work on the 1526?

thanx in advance

relkins@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Rob Elkins) (03/11/88)

In article <320@spock.UUCP> gandalf@spock.UUCP (Mark Halstead) writes:
>Does anyone know how to get printshop to work with a 1526? if at all?

The 1526 dosen't have a graphics mode.

Rob

--
ARPA:   relkins@vax1.acs.udel.edu
BITNET: FFO04688 AT UDACSVM

Live Long and Prosper!

leblanc@godzilla.ele.toronto.edu (Marcel LeBlanc) (03/13/88)

In article <786@udccvax1.acs.udel.EDU> relkins@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Rob Elkins) writes:
>In article <320@spock.UUCP> gandalf@spock.UUCP (Mark Halstead) writes:
>>Does anyone know how to get printshop to work with a 1526? if at all?
>
>The 1526 dosen't have a graphics mode.
>
>Rob
>
>ARPA:   relkins@vax1.acs.udel.edu

The 1526 doesn't have a graphics mode, but it *DOES* have a programmable
character feature.  You can get a program for KOALA Paint that will
print bit-mapped graphics on the 1526.  Also, Super Snapshot (>=V2.0,
latest is V3.0) gives you the ability to print all types of screens
that are used on the C64, including hi-res (standard bit-mapped),
multi-color bit mapped, custom character sets (standard or multi-color),
and text.  The 1526 is supported with 3 different sizes (SML MED LRG)
for bit-mapped screens.

  Marcel A. LeBlanc
  University of Toronto -- Toronto, Canada
  also: LMS Technologies Ltd, Fredericton, NB, Canada

UUCP:	{decvax,ihnp4,linus,utzoo,uw-beaver}!utcsri!godzilla!leblanc
ARPA:	leblanc%godzilla.ele.toronto.edu@relay.cs.net
CSNET:	leblanc@godzilla.ele.toronto.edu
CDNNET:	leblanc@godzilla.ele.toronto.cdn
BITNET:	leblanc@godzilla.ele.utoronto (may not work from all sites)
--

  Marcel A. LeBlanc
  University of Toronto -- Toronto, Canada
  also: LMS Technologies Ltd, Fredericton, NB, Canada

figueroa@oodis01.ARPA (Andrew Figueroa) (03/13/88)

Re: inquity on using the 1526 printer and oter graphics programs.

The 1526 can only marginalyy be forced to print bitmapped graphics.  Koala
Printer (tm) has a 1526 option, but it beats the heck out the printer.

To the best of my knowledge, no printshop options or patches available.

Sorry,

Andy Figueroa "figueroa@lognet2.arpa"