[comp.sys.cbm] Nevada Cobol Users Group

tse@pbhyd.PacBell.COM (Tom Edwards) (04/21/88)

I recently acquired a position that uses that much "used" language called
Cobol. I also have a 128 and have been looking around to see what was avail-
able in the Cobol - 128 arena. What I found was Cobol 128 by Abacus, and a
User Group called Nevada Cobol (I found this in a book that was written in
1982). When I wrote to the Nevada Cobol group I got my letter back unopened
with "no such person" written on the address. Does anyone know what happened
to the group? Are they still viable, or has the group been disbanded?
Thanks in advance,
Tom

I claim to have been disclaimed.

sjordahl@megatest.UUCP (Scott Jordahl) (04/22/88)

In article <1152@pbhyd.PacBell.COM> tse@pbhyd.PacBell.COM (Tom Edwards) writes:
>I recently acquired a position that uses that much "used" language called
>Cobol. I also have a 128 and have been looking around to see what was avail-
>able in the Cobol - 128 arena. What I found was Cobol 128 by Abacus, and a
>User Group called Nevada Cobol (I found this in a book that was written in
>1982). When I wrote to the Nevada Cobol group I got my letter back unopened
>with "no such person" written on the address. Does anyone know what happened
>to the group? Are they still viable, or has the group been disbanded?
>Thanks in advance,
>Tom

Actually, there once was a company called Nevada Software or something simular.
They had products such as Nevada Cobol, Nevada Fortran, Nevada Prolog, and
some others, mostly for CP/M systems.  This, of course, was a few years ago,
back in the hay-day of CP/M before MSDOS.  I can't remember off hand where
they were located, maybe someone else on the net will.  I think I still have
some of their information at home.  I'm not sure if they even still exist, if
they were bought out, or what.  If no one is able to reveal what has happened
to them, let me know and I'll look into it when I'm at home.  I may find that
the address I have is the same as the user's group address you found.

-- Scott

/########################################################################\
| Scott A. Jordahl							 |
| Megatest Corporation							 |
| UUCP:   {decwrl, sun, fortune, pyramid, ubvax, amd} !megatest!sjordahl |
| USMAIL: Megatest Corporation						 |
|	  880 Fox Lane							 |
|	  San Jose, Ca  95131						 |
| PHONE:  [408] 437-9700  x3489						 |
\########################################################################/

bs@pbhye.PacBell.COM (Bruce J. Skelly) (04/24/88)

In article <471@megatest.UUCP>, sjordahl@megatest.UUCP (Scott Jordahl) writes:
> In article <1152@pbhyd.PacBell.COM> tse@pbhyd.PacBell.COM (Tom Edwards) writes:
> >User Group called Nevada Cobol 1982). When I wrote to the Nevada Cobol group
> >I got my letter back unopened with "no such person" written on the address.
> >Does anyone know what happened to the group? Are they still viable, or has
> >the group been disbanded?
>
> Actually, there once was a company called Nevada Software or something simular.
The name of the company is Ellis Computing.  Their products include a line
of CP/M-80 language processors, i.e., Nevada Cobol, and a line of MS-DOS
language processors, i.e. Utah Cobol.  The March issue of Byte magazine has
an add for them.
			Ellis Computing
			5655 Riggins Court, Suite 10
			Reno, Nevada     89502
			(707) 827-3030

DISCLAIMER: I have never had any business with them.

Bruce Skelly