[comp.sys.cbm] why no comp.binaries.cbm ?

hackeron@athena.mit.edu (Harris L Gilliam) (05/11/88)

Hello netlanders,

	Question: Is there a newsgroup comp.binaries.cbm or something
similar to that? If there isn't then why? It would seem advantagous to
have a comp.binaries.cbm for posting pd software and patches to
previously released stuff. If this has already been hashed through and
rehased then please forgive me for bringing it up again (i.e. no
flames please). I would appreciate all intelligent replies to this
post and I think its worth discussing. Well anyway its just an idea!!

|    Harris L. Gilliam         () Internet : hackeron@athena.mit.edu         |
|4 Ames St. Cambridge MA 02139 () UUCP {backbone..}!mit-eddie!athena!hackeron|
*   When you make your mark in the world, watch out for guys with erasers    *

rickm@lakesys.UUCP (Rick) (05/12/88)

I think it would be a good idea to have a comp.binaries.cbm.  After all,
shouldn't the world's largest selling home computer be represented with a file
exchange area?  I have a c-128, so I'm always looking for 128,64 and cpm
software, and would be happy to post what I have.

Rick

jep@fantasci.UUCP (Joseph E Poplawski (Jo)) (05/18/88)

In article <660@lakesys.UUCP> rickm@lakesys.UUCP (Rick) writes:

>I think it would be a good idea to have a comp.binaries.cbm.  After all,
>shouldn't the world's largest selling home computer be represented with a file
>exchange area?  I have a c-128, so I'm always looking for 128,64 and cpm
>software, and would be happy to post what I have.
>
>Rick

I would also like to see a comp.binaries.cbm or maybe a comp.sources.cbm or a
group that takes care of both and call it comp.programs.cbm or something.

|Joseph E Poplawski  (Jo)                    Us Mail:  1621 Jackson Street    |
|                                                      Cinnaminson NJ  08077  |
|UUCP: ...!uunet!vsedev!tlxprs!fantasci!jep    Phone:  + 609 786 8099         |
|      jep@tlxprs.UUCP                 | He who dies with the most toys wins! |