[comp.sys.cbm] Need Help -- SUPERMON

berling@silver (Bill Berling) (07/01/88)

     I recently received a copy of Kermit.  However, I have
discovered I also need a machine language monitor such as
SUPERMON.

     Does anyone know where I can get a copy of SUPERMON or
an equivalent machine language monitor? Bloomington, Indiana
seems to be a real desert when it comes to retail software
for Commodores.

     Thanks in advance for any help,

Bill Berling

Department of Sociology

Indiana University

berling@silver.bacs.indiana.edu

->...ihnp4!iuvax!silver!berling

davef@brspyr1.BRS.Com (Dave Fiske) (07/01/88)

In article <1934@silver.bacs.indiana.edu>, berling@silver (Bill Berling) writes:
>      I recently received a copy of Kermit.  However, I have
> discovered I also need a machine language monitor such as
> SUPERMON.
>
>      Does anyone know where I can get a copy of SUPERMON or
> an equivalent machine language monitor? Bloomington, Indiana
> seems to be a real desert when it comes to retail software
> for Commodores.

You probably won't find it in a retail store--I believe it's in the
public domain.  Try looking in the software libraries of online
services like CompuServe and GEnie.

Or, you could send $5 to the people that wrote Kermit for the C64 (Dr.
Evil Labs).  They'll send you a diskette that has a Kermit boot
program, as well as the documentation file.  Despite the weird name,
Dr. Evil Labs is a real organization--I got Kermit 1.7 from them last
year, and they now offer Kermit 2.0.
--
  "ANGRY COW KNOCKS                  Dave Fiske  (davef@brspyr1.BRS.COM)
   COPTER OUT OF THE SKY"