[comp.sys.cbm] Power C question.

johnj@psu-cs.UUCP (John Jendro) (06/02/88)

I posted this message once but our sytem was acting funny so I am
posting it again

How can I bypass the Power C or trap the error messages that Power C
produces for example "float overflow" and "illegal float quantity".
and any other runtime error messages that Power C might produce.

I would like to write my own routines to handle runtime errors.

John Jendro

sl144007@silver.bacs.indiana.edu (07/07/88)

   Can someone with Power C tell me what the license agreement is for the
package. i.e. can the object code produced by Power C be sold and/or dis-
tributed?

   Also, which is better, Power C or Super C? I've seen Super C and was not
overly impressed. Any comments appreciated.

   Thanks.

                                           - Robert Schofield

	{pur-ee,ihnp4!inuxc,rutgers,pyramid}!iuvax!silver!sl144007
	sl144007@silver.bacs.indiana.edu (192.12.206.2)
	sl144007@iubacs.bitnet (forwarded)

   |  The dark ages return! Gog and Magog feast on idols of clay, idols   |
   | of iron! Idols of double-sided double-density soft-sector vinyl!     |

dwl10@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com (Dave Lowrey) (07/08/88)

In article <22800026@silver> sl144007@silver.bacs.indiana.edu writes:

 >   Can someone with Power C tell me what the license agreement is for the
 >package. i.e. can the object code produced by Power C be sold and/or dis-
 >tributed?

I called ProLine (The original distributors of C Power) several years
ago and asked them the same question. Thes said it was OK to sell programs
that were written in Power C & contained Power C library code. They said
they would appreciate it if Power C were mentioned somewhere in the
documentation.

    "This isn't Heaven, this is Cleveland!!!!"

                          Dave Lowrey
                          Amdahl Corp.
                          Houston, Texas
                          (713)-850-8828
                         ...!{ames,sun,decwrl,uunet,....}!amdahl!dwl10

[ The opinions expressed <may> be those of the author and not necessarily
  those of his most eminent employer. ]