[comp.sys.cbm] Good trick if you can do it!

will@fredonia.UUCP (James A. Will) (08/19/88)

I have a lab of 8 retired SuperPets.  Originally they were networked using
a Muppet II to a common disk drive and printer.  The last service they saw
was as terminals(doing vi) on a MicroVaxII running Ultrix.

A THOUGHT:

I would like to let my students take these home to use, but with only one
drive the other 7 are not much use(except with tape recorders.)

QUESTION:

Since you can use a 1541 on the parallel port of an AMIGA with THE 64 EMULATOR
from ReadySoft Inc. HAS anyone ever seen this done on the old pets?

	Thanks,

	Jim		Home Phone (716)-366-7323

Geoffrey_Welsh@isishq.UUCP (Geoffrey Welsh) (08/28/88)

 > From: will@fredonia.UUCP (James A. Will)
 > Date: 19 Aug 88 14:19:51 GMT
 > Newsgroups: comp.sys.cbm
 >
 > I have a lab of 8 retired SuperPets. ...
 > I would like to let my students take these home to use...
 > Since you can use a 1541 on the parallel port of an AMIGA ...
 > HAS anyone ever seen this done on the old pets?

   I've a better question: would there be any interest in a PC-based

file server for PETs (and other computers using the Commodore derivation
of the IEEE-488 bus)? I've wanted a reason to undertake such a project
for a while, but was hard put to find a practical application.

   Geoff ( watmath!isishq!izot )

I'm not worried, nobody listens to me anyway.