[comp.sys.cbm] 1200 baud register settings????

mat@emcard.UUCP (Mat Waites) (08/25/88)

Please! Help!

I'm trying to get 1200 baud working reliably on the 64.

I can get it to work OK for just typing back and forth, but when I try
to Xmodem with my settings, uploads barf (downloads work fine).

I've tried changing the two normal timing registers to 1 60, 1 61, 1 62, etc
but no matter what the setting, I have problems. I can tweak it around
'til the uploads work, then the downloads are flakey.

I suspect that some other registers must be set, but I'm tired of
experimenting and obviously SOMEONE KNOWS the settings because I have
terminal progs that work fine @ 1200 baud. I just don't have the source
to them.

I'm working on a terminal program in Power C with Xmodem, etc.

Thanks for any help:

Mat

--
 W Mat Waites            | Emory Cardiac Data Bank | UUCP:  gatech!emcard!mat
                         | Atlanta, GA             | PHONE: (404) 727-7197

******** End of newsgroups--what next? [npq]

berger@clio.las.uiuc.edu (08/27/88)

What kind of modem, serial interface, and software are you using?

			Mike Berger
			Department of Statistics
			Science, Technology, and Society
			University of Illinois

			berger@clio.las.uiuc.edu
			{ihnp4 | convex | pur-ee}!uiucuxc!clio!berger

mat@emcard.UUCP (Mat Waites) (08/29/88)

In article <16700021@clio> berger@clio.las.uiuc.edu writes:

>What kind of modem, serial interface, and software are you using?

Omnitronix interface, US Robotics Password (1200 baud) modem.
The software is a package I'm trying to finish up written in
Power C. I don't see why the package should matter if the kernel
routines are being used. (whoops, kernal). Do packages that work
at 1200 make patches to the kernal routines??

Mat