[comp.sys.cbm] Even Parity needed with Kermit

anderson@c10sd3.StPaul.NCR.COM (Joel Anderson) (09/29/88)

This may be a repost - but I think my previous question did not make it to
the net.

I am a very happy and satisfied user of the latest release of kermit for the
CBM 8-bit family, however I still have a problem: I can't set parity.

I have numerous software packages that I use to telecommute all over,
but a frequent requirement I have is setting parity, usually EVEN parity.

At one point I even doctored Frank Prindle's TERM80 to use even parity, but
I would rather use a more featured package - I would rather use KERMIT.
But the problem is I can find no permutation among the settings offered that
works.  Nulls, word size, parity  - all these are settable, yet every
variation seems to yield nothing but garbage.  This is using 300 and 1200
baud.

So - as I see I am not the only Kermit user on the net - is there any recourse?
Thanks - I look forward to insightful answers.

"We know only the strong will survive, But the meek will inherit.
 So if you've got a coat of arms, old friend, I suggest you wear it."
					John Mellencamp.
  anderson@c10sd3.StPaul.NCR.COM |UUCP: {rosevax, crash}!orbit!pnet51!jpa
     Joel Peter Anderson         |ARPA: crash!orbit!pnet51!jpa@nosc.mil
  NCR Comten / Software engineer |INET: jpa@pnet51.cts.com

ray@maxwell.physics.purdue.edu (Ray Moody) (09/30/88)

In article <258@c10sd3.StPaul.NCR.COM>, anderson@c10sd3 (Joel Anderson) writes:
>I am a very happy and satisfied user of the latest release of kermit for the
>CBM 8-bit family, however I still have a problem: I can't set parity.

    Kermit is perfectly happy running with even parity.  It has been well
tested.  The commands you probably want to use are "set parity even" and
"set word-size seven".

								Ray

P.S.
    Kermit 2.2 will be out before too much longer.

P.P.S.
    Please note that my electonic mail address has changed.  You can now reach
me at "ray@maxwell.physics.purdue.edu".