[comp.sys.cbm] location of kermit for 128

isusevm@pyr.gatech.EDU (V. C. Martin) (09/30/88)

Where can I get a copy of kermit for the 128 using anonymous ftp and what
what will I need to decode it to use it on my 128?

Thanks in advance.
Vernard
Vernard Martin (Resident Apprentice Mage/Hacker)
isusevm@pyr.gatech.edu   "Were there is a will, there is a way to subvert it"

ray@maxwell.physics.purdue.edu (Ray Moody) (09/30/88)

In article <6480@pyr.gatech.EDU>, isusevm@pyr (V. C. Martin) writes:
>Where can I get a copy of kermit for the 128 using anonymous ftp and what
>what will I need to decode it to use it on my 128?

    If you can run anonymous ftp from UNIX, you can get it from the machine
"maxwell.physics.purdue.edu".  The file is "pub/c64kermit".  This is a binary
file which you can simply download to your C128 with an old version of Kermit.
This file is not part of the Kermit distribution; it is just something I
provide for people that can use it.  (Alas, the Kermit distribution used to
live on a machine where 8-bit binary files made no sense....)

    Also, this works for many machines that don't run UNIX, but it was set up
for UNIX.

    If you cannot make use of this file, you can still get Kermit via anonymous
ftp.  You should get the file "kermit/a/c64ker.hlp" on "cunixc.cc.columbia.edu"
for instructions as to how to do this.  It is a complicated procedure.

    If all else fails, we will send you a disk for $5.00 postage and handling.
(Note that the program itself is free and not copy protected.)  Send to:

                 Dr. Evil Laboratories
                 P. O. Box 190
                 St. Paul, IN 47272

								Ray

aliu@nunki.usc.edu (Alejandro Liu) (10/02/88)

In article <6480@pyr.gatech.EDU> isusevm@pyr.gatech.edu.UUCP (V. C. Martin) writes:
>Where can I get a copy of kermit for the 128 using anonymous ftp and what
>what will I need to decode it to use it on my 128?

    You can get kermit using FTP cunixc.cc.columbia.edu, under the file(s)
kermit/a/c64*

    They have lots of versions of Kermit there, and 2 versions of kermit,
one if forth and one in m6502 ml, including the sources (For Dec-cross though)
:-(, (I have some docs for cross)  The bootstrap procedure to get your copy of
kermit to your 64 is described in c64ker.doc, wich is in fact the entire
manual for c64kermit.

    I think most unix people should be able to access that machine
 (I am sorry if this is not clear but just got my Unix account)