[comp.sys.cbm] Kawasaki

tomwa@sco.COM (Tom L Wallace) (10/21/88)

The Kawasaki programs are easy to use and fun,
but not really enough for true composition.

Take a look at Music Construction Set, or one
of the other ones that let you set the exact
perameters of the sound.  INFO 64 did a review
of quite a few music programs about a year
ago - I would recomend the article.

-Tom

jbh@mibte.UUCP (James Harvey) (10/22/88)

In article <999@viscous>, tomwa@sco.COM (Tom L Wallace) writes:
> The Kawasaki programs are easy to use and fun,
> but not really enough for true composition.
>
> Take a look at Music Construction Set, or one
> of the other ones that let you set the exact
> perameters of the sound.  INFO 64 did a review
> of quite a few music programs about a year
> ago - I would recomend the article.
>
> -Tom

I'd recommend you use SIDPLAYER.  This is a set of Music
utilities that was originally published in "All About the
Commodore 64 Volume II" by Craig Chamberlain, published by
Compute! books.  Almost all of the music I've seen on BBS's
around here use the SID format.  The older standard was "Master
Composer" which was very flexible but also reportadly very
difficult to use.  Master Composer music can be recognized by the
use of SYS 30120 to start up.  SIDPLAYER music uses a player
program external to the actual music file.  Since Master Composer
music has the player included, the files tend to be much larger.

--

Jim Harvey                        |      "Ask not for whom the bell
Michigan Bell Telephone           |      tolls and you will only pay

ulysses!gamma!mibte!jbh