From: ray@j.cc.purdue.edu (Ray Moody)
Subject: Announcing Commodore Kermit version 2.1

                         ANNOUNCING

          Commodore 64/128 Kermit Version 2.1 (68)

     Commodore Kermit version 2.1 is  now  available.   This
new  version  has  many new features, improvements, and even
some    bug    fixes.     Here    are    the    main     new
features/improvements/bug fixes:

 + Enhanced DEC VT-100 terminal emulation with  support  for
   the  VT-100  keypad.   Kermit  should  now  work  fine on
   operating systems such as  VMS.   V2.1  has  some  VT-102
   features added as well: Insert/Delete Line/Character.

 + Limited Tektronix 4010 graphics terminal emulation.  Ker-
   mit  can plot both graphics and text with a resolution of
   320 x 200 (C-64) or 640 x 200 (C-128).

 + Commodore 128 grey key and numeric keypad  support.   The
   grey keys and the numeric keypad, not normally accessible
   on a C-128 in C-64 mode, are active within Kermit.

 + A special file-type for transferring C Power  (now  Power
   C) source code files.  You can now download C source code
   ASCII files as well as upload C Power source files.   All
   necessary  character  translations  are handled automati-
   cally.

 + A screen driver  for  the  Batteries  Included  BI-80  80
   column  card.  This device gives a display as nice as the
   Commodore 128's 80-column hardware, but lacks many attri-
   butes such as blinking and bold.

In  addition  to  these  major  improvements,  many  smaller
changes were made.  Several bugs were squashed that affected
VT-100 emulation, the STATUS command, and other things.

Obtaining Kermit on a Floppy Disk

     A copy of Commodore Kermit may be obtained  by  sending
$5.00 postage and handling to:

                 Dr. Evil Laboratories
                 P. O. Box 190
                 St. Paul, IN 47272

     We stress that Commodore Kermit is absolutely free, the
$5.00  is  only  used  to  cover  the  cost of the disk, the
mailer, postage, and handling.  The disk will contain Commo-
dore   Kermit   version  2.1,  a  copy  of  the  preliminary
documentation broken into several files small enough  to  be
viewed  with  a  good wordprocessor, an initialization file,
and, for C128 users, an autoboot sector.  (All of the  files
on  the  disk  are  available  for  download from the Kermit
archives.  There is a program in the  Kermit  archives  that
will  create the proper autoboot sector for people that want
to have one.)

     Sometime this summer a final printed  (and  maybe  even
bound)  version of the manual will be available at a reason-
able cost.  Stay tuned.

     Also available from Dr. Evil Laboratories is  a  custom
ROM  for the Batteries Included 80-column card that provides
access to the entire ASCII character set.  Currently we  ask
$5.00  for  the custom ROM.  This price is subject to change
and installation is required.

     Dr. Evil Laboratories is a small  software  company  in
which  Kent and I are partners.  The company has the facili-
ties to distribute Kermit much more efficiently than  either
of us could personally.  Also, Dr. Evil Labs has a permanent
address, something that we, being in college, don't have.

     All orders to Dr. Evil Laboratories  must  be  in  U.S.
funds.  Indiana residents must add 5% sales tax.

     Kermit can also be downloaded from the Kermit  archives
on  ARPANET,  BITNET,  and other places.  For complete down-
these archives.

                           Ray Moody
                            ray@j.cc.purdue.edu
                            ihnp4!pur-ee!j.cc.purdue.edu!ray
                            moody@purccvm.BITNET

                           Kent Sullivan
                            Qlink: corvairkid
-------
hope this helps somebody...

--
+=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=+=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-+|Geoff Seeley         |"My guitar is my wife. She talks for me, not at me.     |
|Dalhousie University | She screams FOR me and not at me." -Stevie Ray Vaughan ||Halifax, Nova Scotia +=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-+|UUCP:...!{uunet|watmath|utai}!dalcs!dalcsug!seeley | I wish my brain had      |
|BITNET: csat0013@dalac 			    |     multitasking ...     |+=-=-=-=-=-=-=<Disclaimer: I watch too much Monty Python ok!?>=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=+

simon@ms.uky.edu (Simon Gales) (10/26/88)

Concerning:

>From: ray@j.cc.purdue.edu (Ray Moody)
>Subject: Announcing Commodore Kermit version 2.1
>
>                         ANNOUNCING
>
>          Commodore 64/128 Kermit Version 2.1 (68)
>
>     Commodore Kermit version 2.1 is  now  available.   This

Please realize that Kermit Version 2.1 is the CURRENT version.

Kermit version 2.2 will be available soon. (ray ? :~)

<---   Simon Gales@University of Ky                 254-9387/257-3597   --->
<---            [ simon@ms.uky.edu ]  |  [ simon@UKMA.BITNET ]          --->
--