[comp.sys.cbm] 80 Column VT100 emulator for 64

iso@swbatl.UUCP (SWBT Info Systems Guest Acct) (10/13/88)

I am in need of a terminal emulator (preferrably vt100) that can handle 80
column.  I have an old version of kermit but it doesn't work.  I need it to
connect to a Unix system.  I know there probably are a few and I dont mind if
they are public domain or commercial, I need something fairly quickly.
This is the first time I have read this newsgroup (I am on a new machine) and
this may have been brought out before.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS

(If this has been talked about a lot then just email me the answers to the
address below.)

      Gregg Jensen
    These opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect my companies.

      Southwestern Bell Telephone
      OBC
      St. Louis, MO.

      Send E-MAIL to the following address...

               cs.bellcore.com!tness7!sw1e!uucigj

wendi@bsu-cs.UUCP (Walter H. Dick) (10/18/88)

I also would be interested in a VT100 emulator with 80 columns!!  And if
anyone out there would know where I could get one I would appreciate it!

Also, what is the latest version of kermit that is out for the
commodore system?

Walter H. Dick, IIII

jdj1574@uxf.cso.uiuc.edu (10/20/88)

I also have a pre-configured Vt100 emulator that I am using now to connect
with Unix at 80 columns on the 64.  I'm also willing to give it to anyone
if you send me a disk and postpaid mailer (or $3 and I'll supply the disk
and mail it back to you.)  Send e-mail for my address if you want this.

heinicke@uwovax.uwo.ca (10/22/88)

In article <4377@bsu-cs.UUCP>, wendi@bsu-cs.UUCP (Walter Dick) writes

> Also, what is the latest version of kermit that is out for the
> commodore system?

I too would be interested in the answer. Info on how to obtain it, too.
Thanks.

logan@vsedev.VSE.COM (James Logan III) (10/30/88)

In article <46400020@uxf.cso.uiuc.edu> jdj1574@uxf.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
>I also have a pre-configured Vt100 emulator that I am using now to connect
>with Unix at 80 columns on the 64.  I'm also willing to give it to anyone
>if you send me a disk and postpaid mailer (or $3 and I'll supply the disk
>and mail it back to you.)  Send e-mail for my address if you want this.

Can you transfer the file to a UNIX host and uuencode it?  That would be
faster (and cost less) than USnail.  Perhaps you could post it in this
newsgroup...

			-Jim

--
Jim Logan		logan@vsedev.vse.com
(703) 892-0002		uucp:	..!uunet!vsedev!logan