[comp.sys.cbm] "Punter" protocol source available

Geoffrey.Welsh@isishq.FIDONET.ORG (Geoffrey Welsh) (12/12/88)

   I have just fetched the MS QuickC source code to Steve Punter's

C1 protocol (also known as "new Punter protocol". Until now, this obscure
and complex protocol has been implemented only on the 6502 using Steve's
own code and in one terminal for the Amiga.

   Unfortunately, I run a Fido system, so Usenet ftp isn't a possibility.

However the source is not horrendously long (until you think about
what it actually DOES (Bv>): about 25K. If there is interest, I will
post that source in this newsgroup. If there is any objection to public
posting, I'll mail a copy to interested parties.

   Geoff ( watmath!isishq!izot )

--
 Geoffrey Welsh - via FidoNet node 1:221/162
     UUCP: ...!watmath!isishq!Geoffrey.Welsh

simon@ms.uky.edu (Simon Gales) (12/16/88)

In article <946.23A6D6DF@isishq.FIDONET.ORG> Geoffrey.Welsh@isishq.FIDONET.ORG (Geoffrey Welsh) writes:
> I have just fetched the MS QuickC source code to Steve Punter's
> [...]
> If there is interest, I will post that source in this newsgroup. If
> there is any objection to public posting, I'll mail a copy to
> interested parties.

Yes, please do post it here, or at least email me a copy /->.

  Simon Gales@University of Ky         UUCP:   {rutgers, uunet}!ukma!simon
                                       Arpa:   simon@ms.uky.edu
  MaBell: (606) 263-2285/257-3597      BitNet: simon@UKMA.BITNET

randy@uokmax.UUCP (Longshot) (12/20/88)

I believe that Punter is PD. As far as I can tell, the author had it in mind
to make it possible for many systems to use it (else it should be quite worth-
less). I'm sure there are several of us here who would like to see that code.

Randy
--
Randy J. Ray			       University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma
!texsun!uokmax!randy	randy@uokmax.uucp    randy@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu