[comp.sys.cbm] FORTRAN for the C=64

pomakis@dalcsug.UUCP (Keith Pomakis) (12/25/88)

I've been looking around for a long time for a FORTRAN compiler for the
Commodore 64. Nobody seems to sell one. Does anybody know if there IS a
FORTRAN compiler out for the 64?

					      Keith Pomakis.
					      pomakis@dalcsug.UUCP

bjh@mtgzz.att.com (b.j.hudson) (01/05/89)

In article <245@dalcsug.UUCP>, pomakis@dalcsug.UUCP (Keith Pomakis) writes:
> I've been looking for a long time for a FORTRAN compiler for the C64.

`T'rident Software makes 64-TRAN for the native C64.
The ADD CLAIMS:     [I have never seen or used this product.]
- Generates machine code (50K available for user program)
- Includes a Linker/Loader and other tools.
- Standard free format FORTRAN plus EXEC, MEM, IF-THEN-ELSE.
- Intrinsic library with TRIG functions.
- It claims a speed for a compiled program to clear and fill a color graphics
  screen to be 2 seconds as compared to 32 seconds for interpreted BASIC.

Master Software (301)922-2962 sells it for $50.

ABACUS also has a FORTRAN compiler.  I do not know any details.
SDA (Software Discounters of America) lists it for ~$30 on Q-Link.

I have not used either of these products. I prefer C Power for C.
                                         att!mtgzz!bjh            ....BJ

rls@texhrc.UUCP (Bob Simmons) (01/05/89)

In article <245@dalcsug.UUCP>, pomakis@dalcsug.UUCP (Keith Pomakis) writes:
> I've been looking around for a long time for a FORTRAN compiler for the
> Commodore 64. Nobody seems to sell one. Does anybody know if there IS a
> FORTRAN compiler out for the 64?

Software Discounters of America (to name one) offers a "FORTRAN" from
Abacus for $25. SDA's number is (800) 225-7638.

Bob Simmons         |
E&P Technology Div. | Email: uunet!nuchat!texhrc!rls
Texaco Inc.         | Voice: (713) 954-6055
Houston, Texas      | Snail: Texaco Inc., P.O. Box 770070, Houston, TX 77215