[comp.sys.cbm] Kermit 2.1

prindle@NADC.ARPA (Frank Prindle) (01/14/89)

Fred is right about the key substitutions, but forgot to mention that the
F7 key is also mapped to ^H (backspace) in addition to the home key. It's pretty
easy to remember to use F7 for backspace, especially on a 128 because it's
way up there on the right corner (where a backspace key ought-ta be). The
important thing to note is that ASCII backspace and DEL are not the same
key, and some operating systems use one or the other to mean "I didn't really
mean to type the last character".

Also, the original poster said that pressing the DEL key sent a ".", which
does not sound right in any case.  Could be he has a botched binary.

Sincerely,
Frank Prindle
Prindle@NADC.arpa

kykerr@k9.cs.orst.edu (Ronald Kyker) (01/16/89)

In article <POSTNEWS24998@NADC.ARPA> prindle@NADC.ARPA (Frank Prindle) writes:

>Also, the original poster said that pressing the DEL key sent a ".", which
>does not sound right in any case.  Could be he has a botched binary.
>
>Sincerely,
>Frank Prindle
>Prindle@NADC.arpa

	To clear up the confusion: the command line on the UNIX system
     here at school reads the kermit DEL char as a `^?'.  This showed up in
     the editor I used to put together my posting (vi), but did not show up
     when posted to the newsgroup (should have double-checked)... Thanks
     for the help & advice - I'll check into `termcap' on the UNIX side
     and see if I can redefine the key mapping.

			-Ron