[comp.sys.cbm] C Pro-Line == C Power ?

desmarai@iros11.iro.umontreal.ca (Stephane Desmarais) (02/02/89)

Someone offered to sell me his used copy of C Pro-Line.  Is this the same
compiler than C-Power that is talk about frequently here in comp.sys.cbm?
Is it an old version?  If so, has any things changed in it that I  should
be aware of? Any other comments?

--
Stephane M. Desmarais        desmarais@iro.umontreal.ca   (le Domaine Canadien)
Departement d'informatique   desmarais%iro.umontreal.ca@larry.mcrcim.mcgill.edu

izot@f171.n221.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Geoffrey Welsh) (02/03/89)

 > From: desmarai@iros11.iro.umontreal.ca (Stephane Desmarais)
 >
 > Someone offered to sell me his used copy of C Pro-Line.  Is this the same
 > compiler than C-Power that is talk about frequently here in comp.sys.cbm?
 > Is it an old version?  If so, has any things changed in it that I  should
 > be aware of? Any other comments?

   There is no such thing as "C Pro-Line", but a company called Pro-Line
Software marketed C-Power long before it was marketed by Spinnaker as Power C.

   Yes, the two packages are the same compiler.

   Geoff ( watmath!isishq!izot )

--
 Geoffrey Welsh - via FidoNet node 1:221/162
     UUCP: ...!watmath!isishq!171!izot

carus@ttrdf.UUCP (Bryce W. Carus) (02/06/89)

In article <885@mannix.iros1.UUCP>, desmarai@iros11.iro.umontreal.ca (Stephane Desmarais) writes:
> Someone offered to sell me his used copy of C Pro-Line.  Is this the same
>
> stuff deleted...
>
> Stephane M. Desmarais        desmarais@iro.umontreal.ca   (le Domaine Canadien)

Spinnaker's C Power *IS* a repacked Power C. It happens that I just got mine
from Briwal and compared the files to a friend's old one (~2 years old)...they
are different. The only question is if the new one has been debugged vs. the old
one. The version(s) I got are for the 128 and a separate one for the 64 - all
for $30.

I've only had the weekend to test it so there is no way to tell if there is
anyone at Spinnaker who is really maintaining the thing - it appears to have
been a straight buy-out of the Pro-Line stuff.