[comp.sys.cbm] Thanx for the reminder!

A-N-Onymouse@cup.portal.com (John - DeBert) (04/03/89)

Erik Greene Reminds me:

>ii article <16510@cup.portal.com>, A-N-Onymouse@cup.portal.com (John - DeBert) says:
>$ In article <6460@cbmvax.UUCP> daveh@cbmvax.UUCP writes:

[ tons of stuff deleted ]

>An 8080sux takes 4 clock cycles to read a byte from the bus. The 6502,
>65c02, etc. take 1 clock cycle. Thus a 8 mhz 6502 would be the
>equivalent of a 32mhz 8086-based machine. Considering that 80x6-based
>machines are having trouble getting RAM fast enough to run at 25mhz
>(they're going to static caches, interleaved DRAM, etc.), you begin to
>see the memory problems of an 8mhz 6502 (although because it can only
>address 64K of RAM, using fast SRAM is certainly a good option).
>
>--
>|    // Eric Lee Green              P.O. Box 92191, Lafayette, LA 70509     |
>|   //  ..!{ames,decwrl,mit-eddie,osu-cis}!killer!elg     (318)989-9849     |
>  \X/            Amiga.  The homestation for the blessed of us.             |

Well slap my face! I done forgot about them there differences between the
65??? and ?80??? species of uP's!

All seriousness aside, though, I really did see adverts for 70ns DRAMS.
Are they no longer made?

J. DeBert
A-N-Onymouse@cup.portal.com

"...anything you say can and will offend someone, somewhere, sometime."
                                                  (Lazarus Long)