[comp.sys.cbm] public domain or shareware educational prog

sebert@bgsuvax.UUCP (Who Me?) (04/09/89)

can anyone in this news group help me with public domain or shareware
educational programs for the Commadore computer.  Our local elementry
schools have Commadores in every classroom but no software.  Iwould like to
be able to download and send the stuff with the kid to school if possable
I don't subscribe to this news group so if you could e-mail any responces
I would realy be greatful.

                                          Kim Sebert
                                          Instructional Media Ctr
					  Bowling Green State Univ.
					  Bowling Green OHIO 43403
					  sebert@andy.bgsuvax.edu

will@fredonia.UUCP (James A. Will) (04/09/89)

In article <3983@bgsuvax.UUCP> sebert@bgsuvax.UUCP (Who Me?) writes:

>can anyone in this news group help me with public domain or shareware
>educational programs for the Commadore computer.  Our local elementry
>schools have Commadores in every classroom but no software.  Iwould like to
>be able to download and send the stuff with the kid to school if possable
>I don't subscribe to this news group so if you could e-mail any responces
>I would realy be greatful.
>
>                                          Kim Sebert
>                                          Instructional Media Ctr
>					  Bowling Green State Univ.
>					  Bowling Green OHIO 43403
>					  sebert@andy.bgsuvax.edu

While on vacation in Florida over Spring Break, I visited a store that
looked like a Commodore museum. They had LOTS of hardware and software for the
original PET, VIC, C64, and C128 to sell.  I saw many packets of the public
domain software that Commodore packaged.

The address of this store is:

	COMPUTER SPECIALTIES, INC.
	P.O. Box 1718
	7705 Technology Drive
	Melbourne, FL 32904
	800-341-4368 (Florida)
	800-523-8275 (National)

This was an impressive looking store.  You would never know they had
old Commodore stuff inside.  Its a modern looking store with big
showrooms selling IBM stuff, AMIGA stuff, and Computer Supplies.

For $1 I bought Issue #1 of COMPUTE! in mint condition .  I already had it,
but I'm going to send it to a friend.(Are you reading this Betty?)

Good luck!