[comp.sys.cbm] Another Desterm Question

djn1537@uxf.cso.uiuc.edu (04/24/89)

	At the top of the Desterm screen there is a Wrap: Off .  Is there
and way to set this to on??  (I assume there would be else it wouldn't be
there).  I looked in the docs but could not find any mention of it.

	Also at the top of Desterm's screen is the LEDS: display.  The docs
say "The four circles marked LED show the status of the LED settings in
vt100 mode."  What exactly does each one of the O's mean because mine have
never changed and I use it in vt100 mode all the time?

	Finally one last question (sigh),  what is the author's E-mail address?
The docs talk about the Punternet node 7 or Fidonet node 1:221/171 ?  I have
an idea but I am not sure how to phrase it correctly??

						Thanks,
						  Dan Nix

        /---\        /    /            /----------------------------\
       /    / /---/ /\   / --/-- \ /   |============================|
------/----/-/---/-/--\-/---/-----%----|  djn1537@uxf.cso.uiuc.edu  |)
     /----/ /   / /    / __/__   / \   |============================|
                                       \----------------------------/

izot@f171.n221.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Geoffrey Welsh) (04/26/89)

 > From: djn1537@uxf.cso.uiuc.edu
 >
 >         At the top of the Desterm screen there is a Wrap: Off .  Is there
 > and way to set this to on??  (I assume there would be else it wouldn't be
 > there).  I looked in the docs but could not find any mention of it.

   That's a VT-100 setting (i.e. do I stop at the end of one line or do I
continue to the next line?), and the VT-102 docs said "default = OFF". The
setting is changed by the appropriate VT-100 escape sequence.

 >         Also at the top of Desterm's screen is the LEDS: display.  The docs
 > say "The four circles marked LED show the status of the LED settings in
 > vt100 mode."  What exactly does each one of the O's mean because mine have
 > never changed and I use it in vt100 mode all the time?

   Then you've never used a program which makes use of the LEDs on a VT-100.
If the host ever sends the code to light an LED, the corresponding "O" will be
"shaded in".

 >         Finally one last question (sigh),  what is the author's E-mail
 > address?
 > The docs talk about the Punternet node 7 or Fidonet node 1:221/171 ?  I
 > have
 > an idea but I am not sure how to phrase it correctly??

UUCP:     {uunet!}watmath!isishq!178!Matthew.Desmond
InterNet: Matthew.Desmond@f178.n221.z1.FIDONET.ORG

   PunterNet does not gate to any other net; the above addresses are for
Matt's FidoNet site. Matt has just been connected to the Fido-gated version of
this conference and should be caught-up & on-line in a day or two.

--
 Geoffrey Welsh - via FidoNet node 1:221/162
     UUCP: ...!watmath!isishq!171!izot

jgreco@csd4.milw.wisc.edu (Joe Greco) (04/27/89)

In comp.sys.cbm article <46400038@uxf.cso.uiuc.edu>, djn1537@uxf.cso.uiuc.edu wrote:
]	Also at the top of Desterm's screen is the LEDS: display.  The docs
]say "The four circles marked LED show the status of the LED settings in
]vt100 mode."  What exactly does each one of the O's mean because mine have
]never changed and I use it in vt100 mode all the time?

If you've ever used a True VT100 or Clone, you'll notice four LED's on
the keyboard console that almost nobody uses.  :-)  Does anybody have
the codes to control these (and any other exotic functions)?  I've
always been looking for a good list of VT100 codes, but I have never
found anything comprehensive enough to list the LED codes.

]	Finally one last question (sigh),  what is the author's E-mail address?
]The docs talk about the Punternet node 7 or Fidonet node 1:221/171 ?  I have
]an idea but I am not sure how to phrase it correctly??

What, you're not on PunterNet?  (sigh)  I think we need a
UseNet<>PunterNet gateway, hey Geoff?  hehehehheh

Slightly/very inappropriate to this newsgroup, but what the heck:
Does anybody know what the latest is on gateways between here and
FidoNet?  I've had no success contacting the postmaster at the site
that our school consultants said was a gateway.  I managed to send
mail using the format "f200.n154.z1.FIDONET.ORG" for 1:154/200, and
the message got there.  It just looked like it had been through my
food processor (or a wierd `fmt` type program).
--
jgreco@csd4.milw.wisc.edu		Joe Greco at FidoNet 1:154/200
USnail: 9905 W Montana Ave			     PunterNet Node 30 or 31

rickc@pogo.WV.TEK.COM (Rick Clements) (04/28/89)

In article <2266@csd4.milw.wisc.edu> jgreco@csd4.milw.wisc.edu (Joe Greco) writes:
>If you've ever used a True VT100 or Clone, you'll notice four LED's on
>the keyboard console that almost nobody uses.  :-)  Does anybody have
>the codes to control these (and any other exotic functions)?  I've
>always been looking for a good list of VT100 codes, but I have never
>found anything comprehensive enough to list the LED codes.

I have never seen the LED's used but this is from the apendix of a user's
manual for a clone:

<esc>[0q         Turn off all LED's
<esc>[Pnq        Turn on LED n  (n=1-4)

<esc> is an escape

--
Rick Clements (RickC@pogo.WV.TEK.COM)

fred@cbmvax.UUCP (Fred Bowen) (04/28/89)

In article <2266@csd4.milw.wisc.edu> (Joe Greco) writes:
>If you've ever used a True VT100 or Clone, you'll notice four LED's on
>the keyboard console that almost nobody uses.  :-)  Does anybody have
>the codes to control these (and any other exotic functions)?  I've
>always been looking for a good list of VT100 codes, but I have never
>found anything comprehensive enough to list the LED codes.

	ESC[0q	turns all LEDs off
	ESC[nq	turns LED n on
Fred Bowen			uucp:	{uunet|rutgers|pyramid}!cbmvax!fred
				arpa:	cbmvax!fred@uunet.uu.net
				tele:	215 431-9100

Commodore Electronics, Ltd.,  1200 Wilson Drive,  West Chester,  PA,  19380