[comp.sys.cbm] Forth for c64

rschofie@silver.bacs.indiana.edu (05/12/89)

  A while back I posted that I have FIG Forth for the c64 and that I
would give a copy to anyone who mailed me a disk and enough money for
return postage. Well, I am now aware that my version of FIG Forth is
copyrighted so that offer is cancelled. However, I do have a version
of Forth simply called "FORTH64" which bears no copyright notice, and
unless someone informs me that it is copyrighted and by whom, I will
make it available under the same conditions. It is only fourty some
blocks long and I have no documentation for it. (I must have gotten it
off a bulletin board somewhere.) I have tried some very basic stuff
with it, just testing DUP, SWAP, ROT, EMIT, and other basic dictionary
words, and it seems to work OK, but you'll get it as-is if you want it.
  I will also include some of my own original programs, mostly utilities,
on the disk. There are some decent programs, I even had an offer to
have one published. I've written a lot. What you get depends on my mood
that day.
  As before, if interested send me email.

                                           Robert Schofield

	{pur-ee,ihnp4!inuxc,rutgers,pyramid}!iuvax!silver!rschofie
	rschofie@silver.bacs.indiana.edu (192.12.206.2)
	rschofie@iubacs.bitnet (forwarded)

acliu@skat.usc.edu (Alejandro Liu) (05/12/89)

In article <7000013@silver> rschofie@silver.bacs.indiana.edu writes:
>copyrighted so that offer is cancelled. However, I do have a version
>of Forth simply called "FORTH64" which bears no copyright notice, and
>unless someone informs me that it is copyrighted and by whom, I will
>make it available under the same conditions. It is only fourty some
>blocks long and I have no documentation for it. (I must have gotten it

So, if it is only 40 blocks or so, why not post it to the net?  It will
be only 10K, 20K uuencoded, so it won't increase the bandwidth that much...

                    acliu@skat.usc.edu (Alejandro Liu)
(Simple .signature, $CHEAP$)

rschofie@silver.bacs.indiana.edu (05/13/89)

acliu@skat.usc.edu replies:

>So, if it is only 40 blocks or so, why not post it to the net?  It will
>be only 10K, 20K uuencoded, so it won't increase the bandwidth that much...

  Because I don't have kermit for the c64, or any other means of uploading
to the net. Sorry.