[comp.sys.cbm] CBM_RAMDISK

awg@cbnews.ATT.COM (andrew.w.gaunt) (05/25/89)

A friend of mine downloaded the CBM RamDisk
software from Qlink for me. I do not have any documentation.
I would like to get it to work with a Basic program
I've written and compiled with the Abacus Basic 128
compiler. The ramdisk loader asks a few questions before
it loads the ramdisk software. I was wondering...
If I were to put different numbers other than the defaults
might it work ? (the defaults did not)
I'd like to be able to take a few educated guesses at these numbers.

Andrew Gaunt
cbnews!attsb!awg

fred@cbmvax.UUCP (Fred Bowen) (05/26/89)

In article <6873@cbnews.ATT.COM> awg@cbnews.ATT.COM (andrew.w.gaunt) writes:
>A friend of mine downloaded the CBM RamDisk
>software from Qlink for me. I do not have any documentation.
>I would like to get it to work with a Basic program
>I've written and compiled with the Abacus Basic 128 compiler.

The two are not compatible, regardless of the RAMdisk installation options
chosen (i.e., interface page location).  I have spoken to someone at Abacus
about these problems not very long ago and last I heard they were looking
into it.  There is nothing on my end that would cause a problem.
--
Fred Bowen			uucp:	{uunet|rutgers|pyramid}!cbmvax!fred
				arpa:	cbmvax!fred@uunet.uu.net

Commodore Electronics, Ltd.,  1200 Wilson Drive,  West Chester,  PA,  19380