[comp.sys.cbm] 64E Info

davidc@ziebmef.uucp (David Carlton) (05/19/89)

Could someone at Commodore USA please mail me some information for the 64E.

 Here in Toronto, Commodore has little or no Repair documentation available. I
work at Computerdumb's Repair Department and we have had lots of (fun) fixing
the new 64's... So far, the most apparent problem has been the Ram.

Is a final schematic or a diagnostic manual explicitly for the 64E available?

Thanks very much.

* A man without a religion is like a fish without a bicycle! 8}
(snicker, no flames please!
David Carlton
..!{uunet!atcan!telly!magsta,utgpu,ontmoh,ziebmef}!davidc

izot@f171.n221.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Geoffrey Welsh) (05/22/89)

 > From: davidc@ziebmef.uucp (David Carlton)

 > Is a final schematic or a diagnostic manual explicitly for the 64E
 > available?

   I assume you mean the C64 motherboard, revision E. A while back Sam's
released a set of schematics and basic diagnostic sheets for the C64, 1541,
and 1701 monitor (and perhaps more, I didn't see them) under the name
ComputerFacts or something like that. They might be helpful, although they
will not have info specific to revision E.

--
 Geoffrey Welsh - via FidoNet node 1:221/162
     UUCP: ...!watmath!isishq!171!izot

brendan@jolnet.ORPK.IL.US (Brendan Kehoe) (05/25/89)

Geoffrey Welsh wrote in comp.sys.cbm:
>ComputerFacts or something like that. They might be helpful, although they
>will not have info specific to revision E.

 A note...the copy of ComputerFacts that I have for the 64 (picked 'em up
for .50 apiece at a yard sale..Sundays can come in handy) has "Rev B" at the
bottom of all of the pictures of the motherboards...I dunno how drastic a
change it underwent to get to E..

--
Brendan Kehoe
brendan@cup.portal.com    | GEnie: B.KEHOE  | Oh no! I forgot to say goodbye

davidc@ziebmef.uucp (David Carlton) (05/29/89)

In article <2393.24778745@isishq.FIDONET.ORG>, izot@f171.n221.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Geoffrey Welsh) writes:
>    I assume you mean the C64 motherboard, revision E. A while back Sam's
> released a set of schematics and basic diagnostic sheets for the C64, 1541,
> and 1701 monitor (and perhaps more, I didn't see them) under the name
> ComputerFacts or something like that. They might be helpful, although they
> will not have info specific to revision E.

Thank you for answering, but I need documentation from Commodore U.S..

So far, I have yet to recieve any info from them. Annoying since I have 4

I've glanced at the SAMS folders and have found them to be sketchy.

--

givler@cbmvax.UUCP (Greg Givler SUPPORT) (05/30/89)

In article <1989May28.182339.5306@ziebmef.uucp> davidc@ziebmef.uucp (David Carlton) writes:
>In article <2393.24778745@isishq.FIDONET.ORG>, izot@f171.n221.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Geoffrey Welsh) writes:
>
>Thank you for answering, but I need documentation from Commodore U.S..
>
>So far, I have yet to recieve any info from them. Annoying since I have 4
>
>I've glanced at the SAMS folders and have found them to be sketchy.
>
>--
>David Carlton
>..!{uunet!atcan!telly!magsta,utgpu,ontmoh,ziebmef}!davidc

To get the service manual for the 64 send a check or money order for
$27.50 plus $3.00 shipping and handling for the order to:

Commodore Business Machines
Dept. C
1200 Wilson Drive
West Chester, PA 19380

The part number is: 314001-03

Allow 6-8 weeks for delivery

Greg
Greg Givler                        Q-Link: Commodore
Telecommunications Coordinator     CompuServe: CBM/Support 76703,2047
Commodore Customer Support         INTERNET: givler@cbmvax.uucp
215-436-4200 (Support Line)        OR :::::: givler@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com
I usually have something clever to say.... but.... oh well.....