[comp.sys.cbm] Machine Heaven

js9b+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jon C. Slenk) (07/30/89)

1) Where can I find information on the A2500 (The Unix Amiga)? Is it out
yet, officially? Have there been reviews? Does anyone know anything
about it?

2) When is the new 64-compatible coming out? If it's cheap enough and if
the %^@#!'s at CBM market it correctly, it could go on to beat the
Nintendo's and Sega's and Atari's now taking over the 64's share of the
gaming market.

LONG LIVE THE 64. Even if it *is* only 8bit, has a crappy serial disk
drive and doesn't use ASCII...

Sincerely,
Jon Slenk / js9b CMU.

----------------------------+-----------------------
`Land property marked the   | Capitalism:
beginning of civilization.' | Every man for himself.

Geoffrey.Welsh@p0.f171.n221.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Geoffrey Welsh) (07/30/89)

 > From: js9b+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jon C. Slenk)

 > 1) Where can I find information on the A2500 (The Unix Amiga)? Is it out
 > yet, officially? Have there been reviews? Does anyone know anything
 > about it?

   The 2500 (68020,68881) is out. AMix, the Unix for the Amiga is not yet out.
I was told that, as a registered developer, I'd be getting more info on AMix
sometime Septemberish. That was quite a whiel back, and I haven't heard more
since. More info may be available in the Amiga newsgroups.

--
 Geoffrey Welsh - via FidoNet node 1:221/162
     UUCP: ...!watmath!isishq!171.0!Geoffrey.Welsh