[comp.sys.cbm] BI80 Card..

aliu@aludra.usc.edu (Terminal Entry) (08/01/89)

Regarding the BI80 card, I was told there are two versions available, a
standard one, and a `Deluxe' one... is that true?

If so, what are the major differences between them?

Thanks in advance.

Geoffrey.Welsh@p0.f171.n221.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Geoffrey Welsh) (08/02/89)

 > From: aliu@aludra.usc.edu (Terminal Entry)

 > Regarding the BI80 card, I was told there are two versions available, a
 > standard one, and a `Deluxe' one... is that true?
 >
 > If so, what are the major differences between them?

   There were a couple of versions, but I don't think any were "deluxe"; the
major difference is that the early versions had a manual switch for you to
select which of the 40- and 80-column screens were sent to the monitor
(assuming you fed the video output from the VIC chip back into the BI-80 card)
while later versions had an internal software switch for that.

   At least, that's what I recall from my (and Matt's) discussion with Steve
Douglas (who did the firmware) a month or two back, and from whatever else
I've learned from owning one (in the deep dark past) and knowing a coupe
people who owned one.

--
 Geoffrey Welsh - via FidoNet node 1:221/162
     UUCP: ...!watmath!isishq!171.0!Geoffrey.Welsh