[comp.sys.cbm] World of Commodore Show

prindle@NADC.ARPA (Frank Prindle) (10/25/88)

I know some of you CBM folks are listening so I thought I'd ask: will there
be more exhibitors at the WOC show on the weekend, or will it be just as
worthwhile (and probably a lot less crowded) to go on Thursday or Friday?
Sincerely,
Frank Prindle
Prindle@NADC.arpa

wjt@wp3b01.UUCP (Bill Taggart) (10/25/88)

From article <POSTNEWS13600@NADC.ARPA>, by prindle@NADC.ARPA (Frank Prindle):
> I know some of you CBM folks are listening so I thought I'd ask: will there
> be more exhibitors at the WOC show on the weekend, or will it be just as
> worthwhile (and probably a lot less crowded) to go on Thursday or Friday?

I have seen a list of exhibitors on QLink, but it did not include the
times/days which they would be at WOC.  Most of the exhibitors appear to
be the producers of games.  However, Abacus was listed as attending and
Briwall is hosting Loren Lovhaug of TC128 and apparently Fred Bowen
(although I don't know why he wouldn't be with the CBM exhibit).  For a
C128 or C64 owner the list of seminars planned is disappointing --
mostly Amiga stuff.  The seminars of interest to us C128 owners appear
to be mostly on the weekend and from the titles and length of the
seminars it looks like it will be very basic information -- like how
to use a modem.

If some of you silent readers of this newsgroup (I'll admit that I am
one) don't have access to QLink and there is a demand, I will download
the seminar and exhibtor information from QLink and post it here.

I am still undecided about attending, but since I only live about 90
miles from Philly and would not plan to attend more than one day -- it
is a decision I can make at the last minute.  If I go, it will probably
be on Saturday so I can catch the QLink party.

--

	Bill Taggart
	..{att!mtgzz or uunet}!wp3b01!wjt

hedley@cbmvax.UUCP (Hedley Davis) (10/25/88)

In article <POSTNEWS13600@NADC.ARPA> prindle@NADC.ARPA (Frank Prindle) writes:
>I know some of you CBM folks are listening so I thought I'd ask: will there
>be more exhibitors at the WOC show on the weekend, or will it be just as
>worthwhile (and probably a lot less crowded) to go on Thursday or Friday?
>Sincerely,
>Frank Prindle
>Prindle@NADC.arpa

Hiya Frank,

	The number of exhibitors tends to remain constant at these
things. They want to be there on the weekend for the crowds, and if they
are not there when the show opens, then they might lose their space.

Hedley

emjay@dasys1.UUCP (Michael J. Lavery) (10/27/88)

In article <5096@cbmvax.UUCP> hedley@cbmvax.UUCP (Hedley Davis) writes:
>In article <POSTNEWS13600@NADC.ARPA> prindle@NADC.ARPA (Frank Prindle) writes:
>>I know some of you CBM folks are listening so I thought I'd ask: will there
>>be more exhibitors at the WOC show on the weekend, or will it be just as
>>worthwhile (and probably a lot less crowded) to go on Thursday or Friday?
>	The number of exhibitors tends to remain constant at these
>things.

The response does show that someone from Commodore reads the Newsgroup.  I
just read the list of seminars and stage presentations which have been
posted on Q-Link for the 4 days.

The majority of such deal either exclusively with or mainly of interest
to those whose computer begins with the letter A.  Few deal at all with
those whose computer is called by a number which is a power of 2, such
as 64 and 128.

Though I will be there, I am somewhat forced to conclude that for Commodore
USA, the World of Commodore should have a theme song.

Okay, boys and girls, follow the bouncing ball and sing:

"It's a SMALL world after all
 It's a small world after all
 Its a small, small world!"

--
Michael J. Lavery
Big Electric Cat Public UNIX

prindle@NADC.ARPA (Frank Prindle) (08/05/89)

The 1989 World of Commodore will be at the Valley Forge Convention Center,
Valley Forge, PA. from September 22-24. Unlike the Phila civic center
last year, it probably *will* be possible to park closer than a mile away
this time!

Sincerely,
Frank Prindle
Prindle@NADC.arpa